Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dangerous beasts
And can we have an alternative announcement about Black Beasts? Sort of like some sort of symbol next to Iahsus and the name of the city being attacked. Because some people can just like, log in after a world announcement has been made, and be oblivious about the attack.

(Plus, it gives you another IC way to know if one city is under attack.)
[Image: 8ce2388a6a6046e9b34e2b93bfa5eeb8.png]
(Stuff gets highlighted, like when you have points to spend on something.)

*click*

[Image: 2fb7d16ecd3343d19e9a909053900712.png]
(There it is, under Iahsus.)

Alternatively, If this is too much work, can we have the counter being announced to the world by 10's? Sort of like:

*counter at 10*
World: The fight in (city) rages on, 10 packs of monsters have been defeated!
*counter at 20*
World: The fight in (city) rages on, 20 packs of monsters have been defeated!
*counter at 30*
World: The fight in (city) rages on, 30 packs of monsters have been defeated!

(Obviously, with an option in preferences to turn the 'Black Beasts counter' off.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It makes sense IC for you to be oblivious about the attack, really. The initial announcement is there for 'convenience'.

I'm sort of torn on this issue. On the one hand, it makes IC sense for this to be the case, and I don't think lnet is a good idea for that because it's not for emergency communication. But arguing against convenience is hard for me to justify. It'd be nice if there were a different way to ICly alert people in certain areas where it makes sense, but I can't think of it right now, and I doubt it would solve the 'problem' entirely.
I see, should be a pretty tough decision. LaPlace is really not 'it', sadly.

But it's up to you, not that it will end up in a hassle, though, sometimes those 'mini-world events' such as Black Beasts and Fishing Contests can give some good roleplay.

Still, about the 'problem' part. Why not some sort of informant who spawns by the Arena or any nearby place? I know it's a bit hard to think about something. Maybe a resource-wasting device (or rune) that needs someone to get help from an Alchemist and an Enchanter to craft, made of Magic Mud and Raremetal?
While on-subject of Black Beasts:

Maybe we could have a simple mental 'tally' the character keeps, maybe where they 'mark up' each mob of beasts they kill as the event progresses (and resets to 0 every event). On top of this, maybe add a Highest Personal Score and Highest Overall Score (with notifications whether or not you set a new record) to them to give something to try one-upping for the die-hard beast killers out there.

Preferably with a Setting (that's automatically set to Off for it).

Alternatively, maybe we could add something to the after-battle screen for how many mobs you've killed that event. *shrug*

As for 'notifications' to alert that beasts are attacking. . . maybe flares or some such to alert and organize local militia/guards (for Dormeho/PC Guards)? Of course, these could only be seen in proximity to the areas to begin with. I guess this would be more flavor text/RP glorification than an actual way to implement alerts ICly. . .
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Yep, one thing is someone by the Arena seeing a flare in the horizon, other is someone seeing that from Chaturanga's western edge.

Sadly, I don't think if it would be possible for someone from the closest place to know there's an attack going on, like, from the arena. Cellsvich is just impossible because of the forest, and even more to see such flares from Dormeho, so, having flames around the city's icon in the world map would be nice.
That way, strolling people and guards in patrol could know the city is currently under attack from the distance. (And partially solves the problem of 'oh, I logged after the announcement and i didn't know an attack was going on', hopefully.)

As for the beast kill counter? Go back to the device/rune, it glows stronger the more you kill. If it's screen/body ever gets 'black' colored, that means the special beasts are spawning (the recent implement).