Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wretched Oil - Bane of everything
What if there was a spell that used defensive stats (which keep you alive), could hit you anywhere on the map, can be cast twice in a turn and could also poison you from a good distance away. Now imagine that spell had a combo with a skill that [strike]doubles[/strike] makes 1.5x more poison damage on poisoned targets and makes it not non-curable.

If I have to choose having to grind without a Wretched Oil Hexer against having to face one at every turn and corner. I choose the lesser evil for the greater good.

Wretched Oil your time has come to be judged.

"Just counter earth/dark and poison." - Is a single spell truly worth gearing up in full snakescale, snakebane potions, praying at argentyle and more for the sake of this one spell. Does it deserve this?

"High FP cost makes it balanced." - Since GR, we know how easy it is to have a ridiculous amount of FP. Don't fool yourself here.

---------------------------------------------------------

I challenge anyone to argue how this is still balanced. It's been a long time coming. Time to make it balanced.

Either make the range not map-wide, give it a cooldown or make it have a lower scaling. It needs toning down.
[Image: tenor.gif]
I have no idea how to solve this problem, but it's something that needs to be taken care of. My only thought would be to reduce the poison level it gives, other than the ideas already stated.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Honestly, in no right has wretched oil ever been balanced, we've all mostly kept it around because of how efficient of a grind tool it is, it is the very reason why all of Chaos' event monsters pretty much resist earth and why having Earth or Dark resist is actually literally necessary for any team fight or you just get WO'd to death, even inciting times where people could legit just 1v4 by spamming this skill if no resists are hit, time and time again it's come up within the community, never really on balance fu though..

There is one thing correct about this though, it scales too much from defensive stats, 70% Earth and Dark ATK considering both of those are related to DEF and RES, which allows one person to sit still, soak up damage and dish out tons of damage from only 1 square, to everyone on the map.

I don't even know where to start on this skill, a few suggestions would simply be to reduce the earth/dark scaling cause it already hits like a truck, give it the magaisendo treatment and make it scale less in damage the farther enemies are or nerf it's range to 5 only.

Though one thing's for certain I don't think reducing the poison level is anything worth it's salt, Hexers need to inflict powerful status effects to stay thematic with their class theme, which is status effects, not dealing AoE damage to an entire team worth upwards to 200-300 magic damage per cast.

------------------------------

honestly I'd rather just disable this skill for PvP 8-)
Just give it the magaisendo treatment.

5 range it's normal damage (where it can poison too). Outside of that, it loses 10% damage per tile, down to 50% damage (after defenses are factored, etc).

This means that at 10+ tiles away, it'd be 50% damage.
That'd be nice, but even Magaisendo got changed completely in the end. That'd be a good start, but I think it needs something else honestly.
Magaisendo got changed completely because Mage, as a whole, got a rework. Now it shatters tiles like sanctuary, etc ((iirc))... Which is pretty damn good for PVP, but utterly useless in PVE.
An unrelated note but its not entirely useless for PvE as it destroys planets, bombs, explosions and various tile effects from dungeons, it even destroys the sun which stops the solar system from spinning at all in spatial dungeons.
Sure. But this is still a conversation about fixing WO. It got changed in the rework, which is great, and now I think something similar needs to be done to WO. A map-wide AoE is just too good. Way back when Lantern Bearer got nerfed for being, what, maybe half that? WO is a map-wide AoE that poisons (within a certain range), which is currently one of the best status effects to slap on someone. It's just too strong, even with a damage reduction. It needs changed another way. Or multiple ways. Reduce the damage at range and reduce the overall range. Just one isn't good enough.
"Grandpa" Wrote:Sure. But this is still a conversation about fixing WO. It got changed in the rework, which is great, and now I think something similar needs to be done to WO. A map-wide AoE is just too good. Way back when Lantern Bearer got nerfed for being, what, maybe half that? WO is a map-wide AoE that poisons (within a certain range), which is currently one of the best status effects to slap on someone. It's just too strong, even with a damage reduction. It needs changed another way. Or multiple ways. Reduce the damage at range and reduce the overall range. Just one isn't good enough.

I second this. I'm not sure on which of ways out of all mentioned so far would be the best way to change it but some type of rework is needed; it's too good with Resists slowly being pulled back to force you to choose (while this is good in itself to help alleviate Resist-alls, it inadvertently adds more weight to things like WO -- this was mainly in reference to the recent Stamp Nerf, I realize I probably am getting a bit ahead of myself but I think it's fair speculation that more Elem. Resist sources could be on a list to see if readjustments are necessary).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Well we could give it a 4m, so when you use it and hit resist you technically fucked your turn.