Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wretched Oil - Bane of everything
"Shujin" Wrote:Well we could give it a 4m, so when you use it and hit resist you technically fucked your turn.

Then people would just use it as their second action. I think the first course of action should be to change its range and pattern, then look into other possible changes. Proper balancing is done in small steps.
"MegaBlues" Wrote:
"Shujin" Wrote:Well we could give it a 4m, so when you use it and hit resist you technically fucked your turn.

Then people would just use it as their second action. I think the first course of action should be to change its range and pattern, then look into other possible changes. Proper balancing is done in small steps.

Yeah true that, but it atleast prevents double tapping.
Double tapping ceases to be an issue after it's range/pattern gets nerfed a bit

They need to spend momentum getting into the right spot, and then once in that range, other options would also be available competing with the previously easy double tap.
Magaisendo treatment pls, doctor Dev.

Or should I put it as a better term, 'Lantern Bearer' treatment? I think Hexer's Wretched Oil should be doing full damage at 2 tiles around them (where someone will sure get gooped straight in the face, and beyond 2 tiles, the damage goes down by 10% without a cap), and even far enough to say poison at 4 tiles, because Hexers are just tanky enough to be in melee range.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
-Set Dark/Earth ATK scaling to 10%*Rank
-Apply Magaisendo's old range penalty

I think this combination is a good starting point towards balancing Wretched Oil. Like Spoops said, touching WO's Poison effect shouldn't happen, unless its applicable range needs a nerf.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye