Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discussion] Kensei Skills
A lot of skills for soldier, martial artist and even boxer have usually unique effects, but when you look at most of the Kensei skills they seem lackluster in comparison, mostly because they dont have cool effects added to them, half of their offensive skills are the same thing with different ranges, and it's not that they're bad it's just that there's no use to them, a class primarily focused around hitting and critting things, has 5/6 of their skills being autohit based, it's like why use these 5 other X skills when you can use other Y skills.

A good example I'd say is Kagekiri, why would people use Kagekiri when they can use sidecut instead? They're both accessible to the same tree after all.

Another example is Toiken, it has such an awkward range to it that no-one actually uses it, ever, and I think Toiken is a REALLY cool skill, I'd love to actually be able to use it more often.

Not only that but most of these skills require to be maxed to do efficient damage, require a katana to be used within combos and these skills have hefty FP costs at max rank.

Is there a possibility we could see some tweaks to the Kensei skills in the nearby future? Perhaps additional effects could be added to make the autohits worth it, or have the autohits themselves correlate into Kensei gameplay.
Yeah I kinda agree to that. I am playing Kensei/verglas on my main for so long but the only skill I found really useful (Considering Skillpool size and Skill points you have) was for me always wazabane and the passives/innates.

Toiken is actually one of my favorite skills and I used it when it was "bugged" with its range (you could turn before using the skill and then the whole things got set back one tile so you had more options to actually hit stuff) But even then it was only because I loved the skills design over it´s effectiveness

Kagegiri has only one advantage over Sidecut, and thats the resizeable range (and autohit)...But for that it also loses the crit chance

Kensei is one of the most heavy skillpoints usage classes, which makes it also a little sad that you can´t use most of it´s stuff.

Some additional effect or maybe a little overhaul in General would be nice...Maybe just having some of Kensei skills just scale up to rank 3 so you can actually consider spending your points around some more?
I agree with what both Spoops and Shujin have said as I've stopped using all kensei offensives since the GR. But, I also think Sacred Art needs to be looked at, too.
The elemental damage gets reduced by RES, magic armor, and elemental resistance (correct me if I'm wrong), so the whole elemental ATK damage becomes pretty mediocre. If it could just become irresistible like matador's retaliate, that would be a nice start. In comparison to boxer, the damage still doesn't even come close with this change.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
When Kensei first came out I used quite a few of the skills, if only because I thought they were neat. That lasted for about a week. Since then, I've never touched them despite using Kensei on quite a few characters. I think an interesting change would be to make the skills play more into Kensei itself rather than just being various patterned autohits. They could still be that, of course, but a little something extra would be nice.

I agree with a change to Sacred Art as well. I hadn't bothered using it for the longest time and when I finally decided I might, I noticed the elemental damage thing and, well, that's just not very good.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]