Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Gradation
Can we have Power gradation be 3m again at the cost of a 2 or 3 round cooldown? It helps the skill flow into combos more and also at the same time makes it so you still can't just spam it against a physical tank for easy damage.
I'm torn on this. Back when PG was made 4M, making things 4M so they couldn't be spammed was kind of a kneejerk reaction. Now that cooldowns are a thing, just sticking cooldowns on things is being used in much the same way. At least with 4M, it can actually still be used twice on a Fleur crit. This would just be another straight-up nerf, really.
*loud burp*
^

Making it compatible with Charge/Shukuchi at a greater cost of not being able to use for three more turns is a bit evil in the end of the math.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Its both a buff and a nerf in both aspects, it prevents spam and opens up more compatibility with other skills, and there's nothing wrong with that, unless you think charging Checkmate, an attack that adds damage is fine yet charging PG, an attack that changes damage type isn't?
Checkmate is a Soldier promotion skill, though. It's supposed to have some synergy.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Cross-class synergy is supposed to exist though, Duelist is a testament to that, in the form of Evasion+Flottement or Eviter+Protection from Arrows.

I still don't see the reasoning here mostly because PG Spam still exists, 2 PGs to the face will do more damage than a 3 hit physical combo most of the time unless your opponent is rocking Mag DR too, I don't have many other points to bring up without sounding like a broken record here.
Being able to change damage type on the fly makes it a powerful, powerful ability in and of itself. Not only this, but if memory serves right, the attack itself also increases your damage. Maybe not as much as checkmate, but it adds other benefits besides that.

Physical Damage gets messed up by BK, Wagata Oraji, Matador, MG, Boxer, etc etc.
Magical Damage gets messed up by VA, SpellThief, and a few other things.

This is an ability that, on a whim, you can seamlessly bob between the two and it doesn't lock you in, like the arcane potion does/should be doing. It, rightfully, should stay at 4m. The class is already one of the most used/most versatile in the entire game. Changing this ability to have a cooldown, just so it can have a 1m drop, makes the class less useful overall for it's job. If anything, I'd just like to see it not be able to double-tap in a single turn to smack it down a bit. (Not that it matters since Duelists shit out 180+ damage hits on people with 60 def anyways)