Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogue/Archer Traps
Yeah trap duration was one of my biggest issues. You couldn´t even plan ahead with them cause before you actually set up for one nice trap strike, the first ones expired already.

My second big issue I have is that all the movement skills are not triggering them, thats kinda sad. I would love when atleast the field you end up on, inside the trap range would trigger the trap, that way you still have ways around it, but you have to pay attention.
Honestly, since certain skills are actually hindered by Immobilize, meaning that there is SOME form of detection for it...

People who use those forms of movement and land within a trap area (or pass through it in the case of silcut/sidecut) should, in fact, get smacked with it.

Same for cinder tiles, but that's a story for another day.
I was thinking that as well. It would stop people from just using Heaven's Kick into a trap's trigger and being safe from the trap. Would it be a little overkill if the Traps got a damage buff and effect buff as well as getting a Trigger buff?
I´d say we test the Duration/effect/trigger buff for a while first, cause some traps are pretty nasty with your combos (Wind trap kicking you out of range again.) So we might not need the huge damage buff. Traps should be more support yourself then your main attack avenue anyway, in my opinion. But they currently suck at that.

Hand trigger might be a little useless then, when they trigger when you are in range in General, but that shouldn´t be an excuse for not making them useful.
True Shujin, but I feel like there are enough Traps and trap support skills to make it more than just a support skill set. If they had like 4 skills like in the past I would let it slide, but 7? It would nice to see them to be useful enough to be taken on as a main attack style so more variety of characters to be created (saboteurs or whatever). Rouges skill tree wouldn't always have to be set up as Directional Winds build, not to mention that traps is like that class' only source of damage output.
+1 to trap buffs! (I have nothing additional to suggest, but I've been having trouble on my rogue chars.)
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
Definitely agree with amping up the duration for traps. 3 rounds is seriously nothing. And it also counts the first round they were planted which makes it even more punishing to use traps instead of literally any other skill/spell.
[Image: tenor.gif]