Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit vs Evade Bonus Fu
A while back the hit bonuses bows passively receive from archer were nerfed.

the +40 evade to bows was never nerfed

I'd say bring it down to +5 per rank from 8 and change it to all projecticle/ranged attacks (25 at rank 5)

that'd include tomes at range, Thrown daggers, guns, bows, ect.
Galren: Although I could only see a real argument being for the mages who build partly on hit-reliant attacks and spells (outside of instances that force a Hit proc like Cobra/Evasion) I could still see merit to nerfing it.
x of Eyes: Blind would be an excellent counter for these.
Focused Mind + Gun Shells: Yes to Sly.
Flanking (Dev's idea): Agreed with Soapy, it seems fine enough.

Flatfoot: If we're changing this from a % that scales with the target's Dodge to a flat % debuff, I think it could be slightly stronger than -20 (maybe -25, for any reference to future post I wouldn't put it any higher than -30 - which would be a bit much).

Fortune Wind: Definitely in need a nerf in some form (,from what I remember, at least).
Distortion: As mentioned in earlier threads of the Dodge;Hit wars, one of the most viable ways to evade right now is to be a ST; if we're nerfing hit bonuses it would be dunce-level to ignore Distortion. Agreed with Sly.
Protection from Arrows: If we're really nerfing this, I think it would be better to reduce the stacking it allows (like you said, it's only an issue when paired with Unarmored Prowess, which having both at +5 - which is a fairly heavy investment at 10/35 SP). Maybe tacking it from +8 per rank to +5 per rank -if- you have Unarmored Prowess as well. We should also mention the Innate Hit Buffs Archer gets (as well of any others I can't think of atm) since you left those out of this thread, which given their naturally good hit chance in most builds could probably be lowered (yes, the numbers seem small but they add up in my opinion to where they're enough to matter).
Green-Scale Tunic: For the love of YES please yes, nerf this.

Blind: I don't think this needs to be hit as hard as you think, maybe somewhat of a decrease but not that drastic. The suggested nerfs would make it only useful to force people out of the Eyes-equipments' proposed nerf and Cobra (and the status itself would do next-to-nothing in Hit Vs. Evade directly). I think it's fine enough as-is with Blind-Fighting halfing it and other Dodge factors getting hit (maybe up Blind Fighting to removing 60 out of the debuff instead of 50).
Smokescreen: I could see Sly's proposal having some merit. Not enough to force an auto-yes from me but it'd be something to toy with.
Yomidori: Agreed with Sly, this should only trigger when damage is dealt.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"Soapy" Wrote:Blind can very easily be applied via Altera, Star Stream, and Papilion butterflies. I use all three of these and think -50/-25 is plenty fair.

You'll have to elaborate on 'very easily' with some calcs.
Infliction is fine, the skills that apply Blind are fine, but Blind itself is too strong.

Comparing Altera/Ruby Beam to Fleeing Spectres/Fire Wail:
Fear is -30/-15 depending on Talents, negated by Shaitan.
Blind is -100/-50 depending on Traits, negated by Kaelensia.

Pocket Sand could probably be given +1 duration to make up for the reduction, but otherwise it's fine.
I feel like comparing it to fear is not fair, considering that fear has more effects tied to it other than hit, -50 hit with blind fighting is a lot but I feel like the only issue with blind is Altera and Ruby Beam, and the fact that it's very easy to re-apply constantly, as there are no immunity to blind items or statuses.

So if you're not rocking gentle embers Altera or Cleanse Body, or Golden eyes, you'll pretty much be susceptable to perma-blind by ruby beam and altera, and considering that status res is tied to SAN which is useless to some races, some characters will never have high enough resistance to block those 2.
Uh, Fortune Wind is still absolutely ridiculous? It was already the best evade buff in the game before.
So, I was fighting this spellthief right? I have like 50 skill and luck cause i'm a melee crit build, running a fully upped armor and staff of eyes..

With distortion my hit chance with couloir dropped to like 8%... this seems ridiculous, considering I had a much harder investment in my stats to hit then they did in their stats to dodge.

I was actually sitting there wondering if my gear was bugged and not giving me hit bonuses, it wasn't bugged.
I'd just like to see Fortune Wind changed, as was discussed. Right now it gives so much evade, it's usually (with blind fighting) better than Blind.
Poppy, they probably invested in dodging, so it's fair. Knocking them down can turn the tides quite nicely.

Rogue is a dodge class. Ridiculous would be something like Ghost or Evoker dodging without buffs just because they have fear on.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
No matter how much evade you stack, you can't dodge an autohit.