Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit vs Evade Bonus Fu
"Poptartu" Wrote:So, I was fighting this spellthief right? I have like 50 skill and luck cause i'm a melee crit build, running a fully upped armor and staff of eyes..

With distortion my hit chance with couloir dropped to like 8%... this seems ridiculous, considering I had a much harder investment in my stats to hit then they did in their stats to dodge.

I was actually sitting there wondering if my gear was bugged and not giving me hit bonuses, it wasn't bugged.
Do you know what kind of build they were running? Was it evade-stacking, or did it happen to have some CEL/LUC and then suddenly slapped on distortion for kicks?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I believe it was the second option. With Distortion and Enchanced Southern Wind giving you more than 50 evade.
I always felt like Hit/Evade bonuses negatively affected the balance these stats had between each other, mostly because of how players usually stack em' as they try to pump their eva or hit to the maximum, and while I haven't PvPed/watched many people fight pos GR I doubt the situation is too different.

While one Hit or Eva buff alone usually isnt too much, once you start stacking things can end up getting out of hand, as such Id personally like to see a soft cap on hit/eva bonuses granted by status effects.
The only issue with evade at the moment is fortune wind not getting changed, thats all I see at the moment.
Uh, to answer chaos. They had less cel and luck then my skill and luck at the time by 15 or 20 all together. That being, they had about 40 in both.
Equipment was fully upgraded, were they a dodge race (Felidae, Oracle)?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
poptart even if they had 15-20 less at 40 in each thanks to scaled stats the difference was actually less than 10 scaled stats.
Zerans get a lot of skill, but alright.