Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stillness, Tenacityless [Vampire heal stuff, again.]
[Image: 8d4393944f024bed9d067f13f3585894.png]

So, can 'Stillness, Darkness' not affect the passive after-round heals? Or atleast make it's effects not apply on any heals below or equal to 10 HP?

Currently, it stomps down the tiny heals, reducing them to 0. (Or decimals that aren't being displayed?)

And by seeing stuff like Soldier's Tenacity, Terrasque Shell's and Stability not working on your Vampire, people can deduct your hidden cards pretty easy, grab holy enchant and smite you with light damage, even if you're doing your best to hide that you are a vampire, battle wise.

Bonus: And Soul Jar? Can it not be affected? You're eating spirits and adding them to your energy pool, it's a pretty vampire-ish way to heal, I think. Added to the fact that's a 10* item that takes an equipment slot.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This would be a pretty significant buff to vampires, so probably not.
While I do agree that it's way too easy to find out if someone is a vampire simply by watching any heals recieved (I've accidentally exposed several vampires in PVE parties when I was playing as a healer; it's easy to see when someone with over 800 HP heals less than 100 from a Malmelo that heals someone with 500 for over 100) I think a bunch of these effects need a re-look before we edit their vampire interactions.

Tenacity, especially, is a big one. It's literally a punchline to a bad joke. "Want to hear a bad SL2 joke?" "Okay." "Tenacity." Even at level 1, you're taking somewhere in their neighborhood of 20 damage per hit; the heck is 3 HP per turn, only starting on what's potentially the 3rd round (Back Attack and Round 0 have no regen effects at all) going to do? It's literally garbage. Not worth the SP at all. Even if you want to stack HP regen to hell and back (Glykin, Terrasque Shell, etc) you're better off using other classes because Tenacity is one hundred percent terrible. Pre-GR it at least made low level grinding easier since it wasn't hard to get your damage taken quite low if you upgraded your armor, but... AND IT'S STILL BETTER THAN THE BLOOD JEWEL.

I think that before we decide to make these kinds of effects work with vamps, we need to make them work with everyone else, first. Because a lot of them just don't.
*loud burp*
Ehh, I can sort of see why it can be a big 'buff' in this case, it would make them on pair with every other race on this perimeter and it would ruin a bit of the 'stillness' part, I have no words against that one self-thought line. (As the guy who tries to be a nuisance about 'this makes sense' in abilities.)

All I have to say is, Lunar Lunatism is in check after the nerf and Holy Enchant leaves a big 'holy' in their torsos, so I thought 'why not?'. But that said, even if minor, it's fair to have their anti-life at the cost of 'never being able to be "normal"'.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Vampires could probably use a good few nerfs before getting anything in the way of buffs, so I'm against it.

(Also, apparently, public opinion of Vampires has changed, and people have an overarchingly neutral view of them. So why hide it?)
What needs to happen is HP/FP regen effects clumping together instead of being spread out over multiple instances.

This would let vampires get at least a little bit if they had 4+ HP regen, instead of all the separate effects individually rounding down to 0.
"Soapy" Wrote:What needs to happen is HP/FP regen effects clumping together instead of being spread out over multiple instances.

This would let vampires get at least a little bit if they had 4+ HP regen, instead of all the separate effects individually rounding down to 0.

This is something that needs to happen for all races, not just vampires. Stylish dungeons hurt everyone this way. Granted, I realize no one does them anymore for obvious reasons (Sure, your damage taken is halved AND FP costs are halved, but you also burn through far more skills per turn while eating far more skills per turn from some enemies, and any HP/FP drains/recoveries are also halved, making it infinitely less sustainable than a normal BDP.)
*loud burp*
As far as I know, most regen effects granted by skills and items are applied as one lump sum already.
Some of them add up, but most don't. For example, Cracked Mirror and Absorb Ether? They stack. Capacity and Witch Hat? Nope. It's been awhile since I've played an HP regen stacker simply since most HP regen effects are utter garbage right now, with the exception of Glykins, but they have similar issues with numerous messages at the start of a new round.

I'm not joking when I say that at the start of a new round, even in a 3 person party, it's not uncommon to see 10 or more HP/FP recovery messages. If it added up, there'd be 6 total, assuming everyone has both an HP regen and an FP regen. I've had one character get like 7 messages on their own, before.
*loud burp*
It would be useful to know which ones you mean, precisely, because it's better for game performance if they're all added up as a lump sum.