Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
''Flash Stepping'' Back In Effect
As of patch 1.72, the server experiences issues with choppy frames and flash stepping. The issue remains after the reboot, or at least, it gets bad enough quick enough that it doesn't appear to help it much.
It doesnt remain after reboot but it came back rather fast this time, it has come back a couple times now though for sure.
Because something is triggering it, the new players probably going against Feathered Serpent or one of those story events. Before you ask, I got no idea of what's exactly causing it, but since the intervals are a bit weird sometimes. (It can even come back after 10 minutes after a reboot, while in other reboots where a player doesn't do X to trigger it, is just history.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This doesn't really need a report, the changes to the server reboots only helped prevent the issue from occurring over reboots. My BYOND bug report hasn't provided anything useful, either, so we'll just have to deal with the rare instances it occurs.
"rare instances"

this isn't rare, 5 minutes after each reboot the game becomes almost unplayable.
Either something broke, or some idiot found a bug, keeps doing the bug, even though they shouldn't.
Unfortunately that doesn't really tell me anything. It could be an issue with the server for all we know. This didn't occur when I had to host, if I recall correctly.
thats true back when you had to host

Perhaps we could have a test day scheduled to attempt to find it and see what exactly causes it to happen.
We could have GMs getting a verb to force-change the reboot time to 5 minutes. The main problem here is when the flash-step begins too early.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]