Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counter-Wedge
Is it possible we could see counter edge's bonus damage apply after the damage reduction to riposte? That way it gets it's full damage once again.
Yeah, counter edge is pretty terrible. It adds negligible damage, and most people refuse to strike from anywhere but the back. I'd even go as far as to say it wouldn't be off the rails to have counter-edge bring the damage of Riposte back to 100% at rank 5.

At the very least, having the damage not halved would indeed be nice.
Wasn't there a topic about this just a few weeks ago?
Yes but it was a bug report, and you said it wasn't a bug, so I'm requesting it properly.
"Neus" Wrote:Wasn't there a topic about this just a few weeks ago?

The thread in question.
In my opinion, it should damage like Swordsman's Ring, separated unresistable damage with a special blood effect.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:In my opinion, it should damage like Swordsman's Ring, separated unresistable damage with a special blood effect.

I'd be more fine with this instead of the idea of having it bring Riposte back up to 100%.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
This. Riposte going with normal attack with reduced damage, then this animation, and then bam, unresistable physical slash damage.

Attached Files
.zip   counter edge.zip (Size: 1.83 KB / Downloads: 191)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd honestly rather it just apply in full to riposte, the possibility of it increasing riposte from 50% to 55/60/65/70/75% damage is available too, either one of those works for me instead of derailing slightly into complicated things.

Either way, gotta think about the fact that counter edge applies not only to riposte but it applies to quick draw from sheath sword as well, so the former is the simpler more effective option.
Counter Edge is useless right now, yeah.