Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar lance spear!
That's actually a very good observation.

The outer, square border determines what kind of technique it is (Offensive, Defensive, Innate, ETC), while the inner circle determines whether it's a skill or a spell.

It just seems like an inconsistency to me.
Red SQUARE, yes dear.
Red CIRCLE, is magic.

(Aka: Each icon has two symbol usually to quickly discover what it is one first glance. A Square around the whole things AND a circle around the actual icon.)

@Blues Thank you, I was thinking I am the only one who is seeing it for a while now xD
Oh, I finally see what you mean. I was looking at the skill description only.
*loud burp*
"MegaBlues" Wrote:That's actually a very good observation.

The outer, square border determines what kind of technique it is (Offensive, Defensive, Innate, ETC), while the inner circle determines whether it's a skill or a spell.

It just seems like an inconsistency to me.

I noticed this ninja'd in as I was typing up a response to what Rendar and Ranylyn were saying, which covers about all I wanted to say except more concise (although I was going to use Couloir/Duelist and almost-all-skills/Mage as examples). B'D

Regardless, the Skill categorization is pretty inconsistent in a lot of ways (at least to me it is). But kudos, Shujin. That was a nice catch for Solar Lance.

EDIT: To be honest, I never paid attention to the color of the circle until reading this thread.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Personally, I always thought all that mattered was the Square; grey for Innate, Green for equippable passive, etc.
*loud burp*
I can't believe this topic got like 15 replies. It's been corrected.