Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Burn that Keeps Everything Awake
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:I mean you included them here
I also included fire weakness and a list of things actually used in the calculation that you needed to have.

"Neus" Wrote:And how did you decide on those numbers exactly? They seem rather arbitrary.
No shit, they're arbitrary. It's an example I made up because apparently nobody else can.

Does math not compute without a gif of big numbers showing up?
When I asked for numbers I wasn't meaning theory crafting

I wanted someone to get a narcus, and hit things, and post some numbers.

the only narcus I have is on a level 33 and while sure its a fun gimmick from what I've done with it I cant imagine it being useful outside of strict 1v1 scenarios, theres much better methods for fighting group's of people.

I also don't feel the ramifications of how good it is in a strict 1v1,

also its not like it isn't impossible to deal with its a sword( or a gun sometimes) and will get tanked by Eviter, Stalemate, Evade not being dead now, and anyone who equips a red letter.

and the game shouldn't be balanced for strict 1v1 some things will just do 1v1 better and thats fine because in any fight that matters, outside of some event tournament, you can damn sure bet it won't be 1v1
"Soapy" Wrote:
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:I mean you included them here
I also included fire weakness and a list of things actually used in the calculation that you needed to have.

"Neus" Wrote:And how did you decide on those numbers exactly? They seem rather arbitrary.
No shit, they're arbitrary. It's an example I made up because apparently nobody else can.

Does math not compute without a gif of big numbers showing up?

"Sticky" Wrote:2) If you disagree with someone, please do so respectfully. If you start calling each other names or pulling hair, I tend to discount your input on the subject entirely, even if you had a good point (as I stop reading before you make it).

If you can't make this argument without acting like a prick then I see no need to pay any attention to it.

Keep it up and you're looking at a ban.
The only opposition to this is Lozly saying "people have fire resistance".
Like 25% fire rest is going to matter when you pull off a 500 damage EI.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
well on a 500 damage ether invite vs fire resist

vs a 10% common fire resist , 450 damage
vs a 25% fire resist (possible a mechanation or something) you go down to 375
vs 45% someone who packs his san, runs a perfect elemental boot just for you (these people exist, if they know you do something, or can just guess based on that flaming sword in your description) it brings it down to 275 damage

and thats before we calculate defense and armor, oh and maybe a wraithguard proc, or a stale mate, or an eviter.

Also the duration on narcus is short, they cant hold onto it long and it usually doesn't deal out more damage than they take ( things like hunted status, death knighting, marked for death) so they don't have alot of openings to do major setup without wasting narcus damage they could have spent.

An alternate way to play with narcus is mutating it into a gun, where it benefits from one shot over charge and nullshell, its worth noting in this situation narcus can negate fire resist, but it opens up a weakness to bellplate, magnet shield, and Bullet barrier /reflect bullets.
"catabur" Wrote:The only opposition to this is Lozly saying "people have fire resistance".
Like 25% fire rest is going to matter when you pull off a 500 damage EI.

And the only support is someone picking random numbers and builds while spewing insults. The only remotely constructive post in the thread is Ranlyn's.
Alright, let's start following Rany's good example here and think less with our crotch and more with our heads. SO.

Couldn't the damage be changed to 'physical' and we all be done with it? Turning Narcus into a 'non-efficient' method of retaliation might band-aid the majority of the salt.

I say anything non-magical is naturally terrible to work as a method of retaliation, the way Matador's Retaliate became ten-times more efficient as a way to compare. That's probably even why we even had to increase Ether Invitation's damage, it is often physical, and like I stated in Matador's topic, physical damage has more ways to deal with.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
yeah physical would be for the best, that way it can't proc both of bloody palms effects.

also Make it so two narcus don't double narcus lvl together.
... Didn't this cap at LVL damage at one point.

Why was this removed, if it was removed.
My personal opinion on this is: Keep Narcus how it is. Almost anyone can build up a 80~100% Fire Resistance these days. It's an overestimated weapon with it's effect while most I've seen out of it was (AROUND) 200 damage to the average player.

The only real danger, which was patched up was when Argentyle Caverns were new. People would roll in the acid fields with a Narcus equipped. Since it lasts through healing. They'd stack up over LV2000 effect and Dev patched that.

So yeah. Keep it as it is before it goes below average in tier.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~