Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orkam Drespam
I don't, we really don't need complicated things aaaand FP just doesn't matter to some builds, I'd prefer it just gain a 3 round cooldown, reminder that FP is a non issue when you build WIL, and WIL benefits Boxers as well when they build it.

It'd turn the skill from being used 6 times in 3 rounds to 1 time in 3 rounds, which is perfectly acceptable.

[Image: cf25bb80aa.png]

Equipped with Boxer/GS, meaning I'd regain about 18 FP per round.
Sorry for sounding rude and one more before I pass out. Now, could you show your WPN ATK's damage, stat spread and equipment? Judging by your Battle Weight, you're lacking STR to use a Fist Weapon, and FP alone doesn't add damage to the Boxer skills, just increases how many times you can use it, and if we tune down Magical Comet's WIL scaling, I doubt this part of the deal will ever be a reality.

Still, it's a good choice to bump up Orkam Drehen's FP cost, see? Higher FP, the less you can actually build right for Boxer's damage, survivability and resistances. Sure, that will make you spin forever and drag people across the map forever, but so far you'll be just poking the enemy and nothing else, assured.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't get the relation, while I don't have the weapon necessarily because I don't box on Myra, I could run a mortissimo to do a little less damage than most boxers(But still enough) but also have enough FP and FP Regen to potentially go forever, while having about 65% Physical DR due to Weir Konnen, its not a matter of FP when it comes down to some people.

Said screenshot was more of a hypothetical thing than an actual thing I'm currently doing.
Yeah, but you know. Grand Summoner only offers FP and FP Regen to a Boxer. There are better class combos, and more efficient ways to build to have both damage and 'tankyness' and enough FP. The 'enough' part is often around 480-490 FP without any drawbacks, in which I do use in my Boxer's build. I'm pretty sure I would run low of FP fast if I kept sucking people in and getting sucked for 90 FP every time I spammed Orkam Drehen.

90 FP * 4 (rounds of Orkam Drehen double tap) = 360 FP down the hatch. In eight Orkam Drehens. That, while the Boxer will still need to use the other skills, such as Geist Schritt and Grandupper.

Perhaps you're right, it needs a higher FP bump up, then. Something like 55-60 FP at Rank 5? Nah, let's not be asshats here. Just because they're going for FP sustain, it doesn't mean this won't gib the other Boxer class combos, such as Boxer/Kensei and Boxer/Cobra. Especially the latter, that is the one I shamelessly use. (I think I'm the only stupid Boxer who goes for Evade)

Also, also. If you put one thing like that against a Hexer, boy howdy mai kindy señor. Strangling Etacof's -25% maximum FP will destroy you.
Didn't really read posts up until this one since I'm in the middle of the Monk rework but I had a thought and wanted to share it, and see what people thought.

What if Orkam didn't increase your SS but instead lowered it by either 1 or 2?
I think it would be acceptable for Orkam Drehen to lower SS by 2 (and by that token require at least 2 SS to use), it outright prevents combinations like pulling someone with Orkam Drehen straight into a Grandupper.

I say lowering by 2 rather than 1 since we have a few ways to get 2 from one Skill use. (e.g. Asura Fist, Regenschauer and your pick of Geist Schritt.)
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I agree with that, Dev! Finally something to disrupt the Boxer's flow.

I'd be extreme enough and say 'make it lower 3', because hey, you can get 4 in one round by just double-tapping Regenshauer or Asura Fist. And Orkam Drehen is too good. But let's keep our pants up, go for two, and if it is too disrupting, we can come cry again here. (In which I doubt, Monk coming soon, AYYY!!!)

(I CAN'T WAIT FOR MONK-SAMA TO GO OUT SO I CAN DITCH BOXER-CHAN ONCE AND FOR ALL. VIVA LA IN CAECUS MONACHUS!!)
Lowering it by 2 is good, I think it'll work well. I wish Felsmanege had an interaction at 8 stacks, since it's supposed to fill the same role of keeping people from fleeing. Orkam does a far superior job than Felsmanege, with the number of movement skills.
Yes please. Lowering it by 2 would be a very welcome change.
[Image: tenor.gif]
Sounds great.