Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conduiz's effect should be an enchant
I don't think it's as powerful as you make it out to be.
Alright let's compare

Magmic - +2 crit, -5 critical, +3 fire ATK
Galdric - -2 power, - 5 weight, +3 wind ATK
Arctic - +5 crit, -5 hit
Coral - +1 power, +3 critical, +3 accuracy, +1 weight, +3 water ATK
Rockdirt - +1 power, +4 critical, +4 accuracy, +4 weight, +3 earth ATK
Ether - -75% max durability, repairs self after every battle, +3 FP
Orichalum - -1 all, +weapon paramaters when fighting monsters a higher level than you
Planetarium - +1 power, +2 accuracy, +2 critical, -2 weight, +3 light ATK
Dragon Remains - +3 power, +5 accuracy, +5 critical, +8 weight
Conduiz - +3 critical, -5 durability, Weapon is used as a casting tool for nature spells only.

Now, not only is lightning the strongest element in the game due to the nature of redgull crits, but it's so inconsistent among the other elemental materials, and not even taking up the enchant slot, allowing vorpal, blessed, rampaging, bloodhunt, you name it, as well as the benefits of some melee weapons, such as two hand.

But honestly I really like the idea behind it, using weapons as casting tools for specific domains of spells really opens up character diversity, and I'd like to see it applied with the other elements, but currently it only applies to lightning..

Is there anything you'd suggest? While it is not my preferred option I'd assume that perhaps the other elemental ores could receive the same treatment? Either that or I'd like the option as an enchant of some sort perhaps, while leaving conduiz the way it is, the original post was never to say that Conduiz's effect should be removed, and that my opinion was that it was too powerful as a material comparatively to the others, barring dragon remains (Dragon remains seems to be the go-to amongst everyone right now)
well it's dev's game. if he feels the material of the weapon needs to be bigger defining factor than just weight and crit, then sure
I don't disagree, I wouldn't exactly ask Dev to change something he doesn't want to change either, I can show at least that much respect, but I was still curious as to what the reasoning behind this was.

Which is why I am posting to see if he would be open to doing the same thing for the other materials.
I hate needing to run a spelledge weapon just to make a hybrid good. It really forces you to pump Will even though your build may not even want 40+ will and are okay with closer to 15. Notice how tomes also generally have a high will scaling, too, with the lowest ones I can think of being 30%.

While Conduiz is basically too good compared to other materials right now, I'd actually much prefer every material have Conduiz's effect for their respective element, instead of nerfing conduiz. After all, it's basically just impacting one element per weapon, so this isn't going to put spelledge weapons/ tomes out of business for people who want more general, multi-element builds.

Plus, consider how widely used Dragon Remains presently are. Dragon Remains have no element to them. Seems pretty fair, right?
*loud burp*