Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
summoner pvp balance.
the solution that was always there, no nerfs, no buffs,

The charizard effect.

if the summoner and his youkai outnumber his opponents more than 2:1, his youkai do a faith check to see if they will do anything other than stand around and do nothing.
this sounds either incredibly dumb or incredibly awesome

I'm for giving it a shot
It basically means your youkai would sit there and do nothing but waste FP based on a FAI roll, making Summon Storm for the most part useless unless you're in a crazy dungeons. No thanks.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Uh. In a normal dungeon, with 3 enemies.

6+1=7. Devlogic .always. rounds down so..

7/2=3.5=~=3

So in .most. basic dungeons, this isn't even an issue whatsoever. "OH YOU WASTE FP!" You spent 9 Momentum to bring out 6 youkai, and there is still the chance they work properly if its 1 summoner versus 3 people. However in a 1 v 1 against someone who is ALL BY THEIR LONESOME, the summoner goes for a summon-storm and they sometimes have Youkai just sit their going "Yeah this schmuck's taken care of.. I'm taking a break."

You're not 'losing' FP, it just becomes less efficient. This is for PVP balance Ryu, wherein level 60 youkai friggin run WILD AND WRECK EVERYTHING.
It's a senseless way to nerf it. If you want to do that, drop the number of youkai you can summon or something else. Limit the number of youkai. This is a really horrible way to do balance in my opinion.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

"Limit the number of youkai"

We did that before, people still had over the limit. We already have like 3-threads over in Balance-Fu over silly stuff like this.

Limiting the number of youkai you can summon, however, I did make a thread about. It was each youkai removing a momentum. This could have been tacked onto that thread, tbh.
Void assassin basicaly designed to tank magic damage very quickly died to twenty levels below youkai just because there simply wasnt enough momentum in the world to eliminate them all.
and thats with 20 res, ~18% element resist cloak, 60 void energy and 480 HP

make the chance higher than pure fai perhaps, having some sort of a talent/skill to increase that (perhaps could be an effect of affinity? idk )
I mean, basically. Each summoner can only have up to X many youkai out. And cut the number of youkai you can have with summon storm. I wouldn't get the skill if it ends up eating the Hell out of my FP just because I use youkai to fight with. If they're going to sit there and do absolutely nothing that turn, they're useless with no argument on that matter. It's a really bad idea.

Also, VAs are anti-Mage, not anti-Youkai. Most Youkai skills aren't magic attacks anyway, they're actual skills that do physical damage sometimes, it all depends on what skill.

http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=375

Actually, like.

90% of the youkai have MAGIC based skills.

Only ones I can think of that don't, currently, are Byakko and Terrasque
Curiously enough most if not all the youkai did element damage to me.
Regardless
Limiting summon storm will only mean it will take an extra turn to summon all the monstes and it doesnt do anything with the problem that you'll still get swarmed by bunchload of level sixties. If we include a hardcap on max summoned youkai that could maybe work but is iffy.

Perhaps not even make it faith based. I don't know. Make it a 25% chance of inactivity? And if FP consumption is a concern, perhaps the inactivity phase could be considered as resting, which would cost half the FP maintenance cost (or maybe none at all)?