Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I WILLfully Agree
1/4th of WILL added to all elemental attacks.

It'd give Mages a reason to actually have higher WIL. I was told this was suggested before, but I ain't got a clue on what the outcome was.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
+1
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Sure, I can get behind this.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
On the one hand, literally every non-conduiz casting tool has Will scaling already, so I have to wonder how anyone can argue Will isn't important for a caster.

On the other, I'm not a fan of casting tools being 100% required to do anything besides fixed buffs, etc, with magic because Scaled Weapon Attack is everything right now.

So I'm honestly really on the fence about this. Maybe a larger buff to people without casting tools and no change to those with? *shrug*
*loud burp*
I actually like this one. I often see people (incluiding myself) avoid WIL building despite the mentioned, rather they just... try to make whatever second stat they need higher for compensating. I usually see them just say "WIL is probably the least useful stat."

Maybe this will motivate them to take the WIL route more. +1
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
True enough. I, myself, tend to favor casting tools like the Mugendai with the lowest possible will scaling simply since I generally prefer to focus on FP efficiency/ recovery over just having a massive pool to cast with that's completely useless once depleted. That really is kind of a good point.
*loud burp*
The previous suggestions enabled high levels of elemental ATKs across the board with jacked-up WIL alone. What you're suggesting is the same thing, but requires a little more out of each individual stat to break the ceiling.

If we want to encourage WIL for mages, I feel that one of two alternatives would be better served:
1. Make all other stats scale their elemental ATKs at 75% value, while WIL scales all elemental ATKs at 25% value
2. Create a Subtalent for the Elemental talents, one point each, that lets WIL replace that elment's stat for scaling. (If Scaled WIL is substantially higher than the scaled stat in question) You probably won't get to flip this on all elements at once, though, maybe about 3~4 max.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:If we want to encourage WIL for mages, I feel that one of two alternatives would be better served:
1. Make all other stats scale their elemental ATKs at 75% value, while WIL scales all elemental ATKs at 25% value

This is what I've been pushing for since the launch of Great Reckoning. People associate elemental prowess with magic, but it's far from uncommon to see some sword wielding duelist sporting far more Fire or Ice ATK than any of the mages, and using that stat more effectively to boot. I hope this is given proper consideration.
Stepping onto a side-note here:

"Kameron8" Wrote:People associate elemental prowess with magic, but it's far from uncommon to see some sword wielding duelist sporting far more Fire or Ice ATK than any of the mages, and using that stat more effectively to boot.
Personally, I don't think elemental prowess is tied into magic, so much as it is tied into harnessing elements. It might be common to harness an element (or two) for spells, but you can call upon elements just as easily without casting spells.

Still, if we have to involve WIL in elemental ATK, it should be part of the equation, not an add-on that doesn't penalize the player for choosing to dump it.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Chaos's first suggestion is a possibility and might work elegantly with the recent discussion to nerf the elemental ATK given from defensive stats while keeping everything uniform.