Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I WILLfully Agree
I feel like this might arbitrarily hurt other non mage classes that don't have a reason to build will power at all.

Fire attack and Arbalests.
Bk's elemental skills
Rogues traps
Verglas fox skills
Demonhunters elemental skills
ect.

Anyone using a +50% elemental attack damage weapon,
Everyone, should, have at least 10 will. Usually more.

It's a very minor drop, considering it's just 25% scaling different. 40 SKI and 12 WIL (where normally would give 40 ice attack) now gives...

30 + 3. 7 less.
I don't think elemental attack as a whole really needs a nerf, especially with how, overall, elemental damage is less desirable than the Blunt/Pierce/Slash trifecta. I'd like it if it started as a plain buff to Will, then moved from there.
"Neus" Wrote:Chaos's first suggestion is a possibility and might work elegantly with the recent discussion to nerf the elemental ATK given from defensive stats while keeping everything uniform.

These are my thoughts as well. This seems like a very good way to alleviate the defensive scaling issue, and punishes mages less in stat allocation. I say go for this, hands down.
I'd like Chaos' suggestion the most here, it'd call for less huge nerfs to dedicated earth, water and dark mages and that pleases me.
Agreed. I've wanted Willpower to have an impact on Elemental ATK since the beginning of GR, so I'm more than happy to give this a go.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
+1 for chaos' first suggestion.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
if this goes through this will punish non mages that use elemental attack.

Arbalests will have weaker fire attack, for no good reason.

And this doesn't solve the issue of tank mages at all, they were already soft capping will, they won't lose any elemental attack in the long run

a character with 50 scaled str which is 50 fire attack and 10-15 will power from aptitude will now have 40 fire attack instead

50 scaled str= 37.5 fire attack 10 will power is 2.5, 15 is 3.75, I expect these to round down.

This thread was about making mages want to build will power more, it doesn't. They will just soft cap will power and call it a day.
"Rendar" Wrote:Everyone, should, have at least 10 will. Usually more.

It's a very minor drop, considering it's just 25% scaling different. 40 SKI and 12 WIL (where normally would give 40 ice attack) now gives...

30 + 3. 7 less.

Lolzy.

Still literally quoting this for you, because it's still friggin relevant.
I compared it to a more normal 50 scaled stat build

because unlike most mage elemental damage, a good number don't get to add their scaled weapon attack to it

PRE GR most elemental damage in classes that were not Mages, scaled DIRECTLY off a stat.

Thats the spirit of those skills, now you are arguing to force non mages to put points in will or get weakened, while this thread which is about getting mages back to their roots, needing will power, doesn't do jack to fixing it. They were already soft capping will power and going a bit higher on their elemental attack stats, that match their tomes and at worst means...1-2 difference in elemental attack.

this change doesn't affect mages at all. it only effects non mages.

it doesn't fix the issue of tank mages, the issue of tank mages, is tank scaling tomes, that their scaled weapon attack goes into spells, it doesn't matter how you balance out where they get their elemental attack from if they can still wield a tome and pump those defensive stats into straight damage.