Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I WILLfully Agree
"Neus" Wrote:Maybe, but it's more useful to me for everything to be here, since these changes will likely take place at the same time.
........Okay then.

But if we're going to dump the kitchen sink in here, can we at least get an idea on where the 75/25 suggestion is going, lest we scare people into thinking it sunk with the derailing?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
The thing is willpower and elemental attack Are not the problem

the problem is scaled weapon attack + elemental attack in skills and spells, this means if you have a weapon that scales more on your elemental attack stat than your willpower, you get more bang for your buck, It goes even farther that these other stats go along way in other areas too.

A wind/lightning mage will build a good deal of cel/luck, use a qinglongram because it scales 50/50/50 luc cel wil, only soft cap luck, take Cel and Luc a bit higher for more elemental attack, and lo and behold, they get a good amount of dodge out of it.

A Wind/Earth mage will take A good bit more Def and Cel, use an issep chapter, and benefit fully from the funtimes that is a sandstorm.

A hexer might Invest heavy in Res for dark attack, And they will probably take Def and vit higher aswell. these stats willl make them tanky and with the right tome either a rebelled 1*earth/water/dark tome.

see right here I'm arguing that scaled weapon attack, weapon scalings and elemental attack rations in spells are the reason that willpower isn't taken past the soft cap.

We should fix these instead of Arbitrarily nerfing all elemental attack sources for non mages. which does nothing for mages since they take enough willpower that this barely affects their elemental attack totals.

And don't tell me that I'm going off topic, I am providing counter arguements because I Disagree with your bad idea.

"Chaos" Wrote:
"Neus" Wrote:Maybe, but it's more useful to me for everything to be here, since these changes will likely take place at the same time.
........Okay then.

But if we're going to dump the kitchen sink in here, can we at least get an idea on where the 75/25 suggestion is going, lest we scare people into thinking it sunk with the derailing?

2017 Alternative truths derailing= opposing idea with counterarguements.

If anything could be done to willpower to make it more delectable to mages

.5% mag res pen per 1 scaled will.
"Chaos" Wrote:
........Okay then.

I already commented earlier in the thread my feelings on changing this. The discussion then lead into this topic which is related, because my original reasoning for supporting it was that it would help curb the issue of having tanky stats benefit too much from elemental ATK. However, Lolzy made a good point that defensive scaling weapons are also an issue in that regard, hence why we are now talking about it. And in the post you're quoting, I am literally saying 'these changes will likely take place at the same time', as in, 'I will implement both the topic suggestion and the scaling changes at the same time'. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, but I would be surprised if people thought otherwise if they were actually following the conversation.

Also, there is absolutely no need to report posts unless they are personal insults/etc, or spambot posts, so please knock that off.
I'm willing to try the 75/25 elemental attack, But I will make a balance fu thread after it if I feel its over stepped the issue/doesn't solve it/Hurts martials way too much

I don't think its just Elemental attack on defensive scaling but just how high the sub stat can get on tomes.

my posts got reported for having differing opinions? I'm so proud
I agree with Lolzy that all this will do is nerf elemental attack for anyone who doesn't build Will while doing little to nothing for mages.

I think just nerfing defensive scaling weapons while making elemental attack equal 100% stat + 25% will is a good start. It's minor, but I don't think tha elemental damage deserves a nerf in any regard.
:T

Willpower should add, not change. If it changes, a LOT of people who built for gimmicky things will be a little bit annoyed, because we don't get Fruits of Fluidity for free, you know.

Elemental Attack is not just for skills, things like Cinders and On-Hit weapons uses elemental atk as a base for their LVs.

If specific skills are being a big hassle, we can give the WO treatment to them, it's actually more simple and as effective, than just making a big ass complication in the stat system to make Mages stand out.

Also, let's not forgetti. One wrong step and we'll end up buffing Hexers. So be more careful with what y'all type.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't think every single build should be based on stacking one particular element, as it is now, but given GR's focus on elements that's probably not going to change.

Also, most characters have at least ~20 WIL in battle.
Willpower multiplies all elemental atks by 1.5x per 25 WIL?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Maybe giving it the Guile treatment isn't such a bad idea. 1% extra damage per X Will for elemental damage, halved for non-spells.
"MegaBlues" Wrote:I agree with Lolzy that all this will do is nerf elemental attack for anyone who doesn't build Will while doing little to nothing for mages.

I think just nerfing defensive scaling weapons while making elemental attack equal 100% stat + 25% will is a good start. It's minor, but I don't think tha elemental damage deserves a nerf in any regard.
Ignoring/dumping a stat should not come without consequences. Making WIL a factor in elemental ATK, but not penalizing the player for ignoring that stat when running an elemental ATK build, is not balance.

Yes, this will nerf people who utilize elemental ATK without running up WIL. That includes any mage who tries to use as little WIL as possible, as Fern stated much earlier in this topic. That also means anyone who utilizes one stat and its element for their offense will have to choose between diminished damage, or transfer points from their defensive stats into WIL. This helps chip away at mighty glacier builds.

Making WIL purely boost elemental ATK does not help to keep tank builds in check, since it does not lower the current offensive power that relevant tank builds have. In fact, it makes tank mages more prominent, since they still keep (a vast majority of) their defensive stats and get a nice boost from WIL in the process.

...And honestly, elemental ATK doesn't need that kind of buff in the first place. Specialization options? Sure, why not. But making WIL a power-up for all elements with absolutely no drawback whatsoever is ridiculous. Same goes for +% elemental damage boosting.

Quote:Willpower should add, not change. If it changes, a LOT of people who built for gimmicky things will be a little bit annoyed, because we don't get Fruits of Fluidity for free, you know.
Builds come and go with each update. Getting blindsided by an adjustment from a patch is nothing new.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye