Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chest Debug
Requesting debug messages for looking for traps, unlocking chests/doors, and disarming traps both on chests and on the ground.
More specifically? What information are you hoping for the debug to show? Checking for traps is a bit of a grey area because you're not supposed to know if it has one for sure or not, but if a debug message were added it would obviously have to be a part of that message.
It seems like the difficulty rolls for specifically disarming a trap on a chest is very high. On specialized characters I can find traps and pick locks easily, but more often than not I'll trigger a trap trying to disarm the chest. Even with Failsafe SR5.
Aren't there already debug messages for disarming traps and unlocking attempts or am I mistaken?
I checked, but personally didn't see any.
I'm sure there is one for disarming traps on chests. I added one for unlocking chests in 1.74c.
Alright. Looking at this, I can unlock a door with a roll of 27 and succeed. However, rolling to unlock a chest with a roll of 42, it failed and was triggered. Then, I rolled 96 to unlock the chest, and succeeded.

Perhaps the difficulty of disarming traps could be lowered, due to not having the bonus of a lockpick? Or could we get a passive tool to help with trap disarming? If they're both using the same formulas, then it's understandable why trap disarming is so much harder.
The debug messages should be showing you the trap level, success rate, roll, and trap DC. Dungeon traps have a level of 1 + 1 per 10 dungeon levels, and the DC is its level * 8. For chest traps, it's the chest's level * 10. The chest level should be the same thing, 1 + 1 per 10 dungeon levels. So in a level 60 dungeon, the DC is 70 (I believe).

What could happen is the roll system changed to be a range, with the minimum being 25% or 33% or 50% of the maximum roll. So at Disarm level 5, it'd be a roll of 50 to 100 (if 50%). Which would considerably lower the rate of failures by itself.
I'll have to check again, but I don't think I was seeing that information. Also, how do lockpicks affect the success rate or unlocking a chest or door?
(Lockpick level - lock level) * 10% bonus/penalty to success rate.