Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shrines
So I had an idea I've been mulling over in my head for a while, the idea of Shrines.

[Image: a34449896a.png]

They'd be a new feature you can find in dungeons, similar to Fountains, Fairy Rings, etc.

What they do is you can dedicate them to a God, provided you have a Prayer Tool and enough Mental Stamina. Doing so would reward you with a large amount of God Loyalty (I'm thinking 10) and some experience (say 10% to your next Level). Once a shrine is devoted to a God, it cannot be devoted to another.

There'd be a visual change to represent the God it has been devoted to.
(e.g. Devoting it to Mercala would change it like so: [Image: b504f08446.png])

After the Shrine has been devoted to a God, you and other players can use the Shrine just like a Prayer Tool to pray to that God and as an added benefit for doing so, the boon it provides will be as if you had 100 God Loyalty (in that it's always the highest LV of effect and grants the extra Duration, regardless of your Loyalty.)

I'm thinking this could also be a potential furniture item you could craft or buy off one of the travelling merchants.

I initially wanted this as an alternative way to earn God Loyalty since the only way currently is rather monotonous but I hope this idea makes it a bit more interesting than just simply that.

And yes, I did make alternate Shrines for each of the Gods, here's the icons I made for this idea:
.zip   shrine.zip (Size: 3.06 KB / Downloads: 216)
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I like this idea, it'll make praying so much less time consuming and custard consuming if this was implemented.
I'm totally with Slyder on this one- particularly for flavour's sake and for furnature, but the actual function is as good as the form here.
Welp, can't say otherwise here, it has the potential to be the perfect way to stop the prayer spamming.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
These are really nice. I'm +100 for all of the ideas presented above.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
10/10 those are awesome. Great idea.
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]
My only concern with them as furniture would be getting a bunch of blank ones and farming god loyalty that way, but overall I think it's a neat idea.
If anything the furniture could be aesthetic only, or offer as much as a regular prayer item.
I can get behind that, too.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
This is my favorite Elona feature.