Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Knight Ideas
At the moment, Protect doesn't do anything to stop Autohits, which I think is pretty silly. So here are these quickly thought-up ideas.

Also more stuff since I found some chess terms I liked.

(Some of these may be slightly strong, but, as Evokers are the definitive Nuke Mage, Black Knights should be the ultimate damage sponge, physically.)

(Passive)
Interpose
An improved method of shielding allies from harm. Grants Damage Resistance based on rank when Protecting an ally, along with extraneous effects based on Rank.

R1: +8% Damage Resistance when using Protect; +1 Protect Range
R2: +8% Damage Resistance when using Protect; Protect now intercepts Auto-hits.
R3: +8% Damage Resistance when using Protect; +1 Protect Range
R4: +8% Damage Resistance when using Protect; Protect now intercepts harmful status effects.
R5: +8% Damage Resistance when using Protect; Protect now invokes the Black Wind.

(Toggle: Passive)
Interference
Sacrifices the Black Knight's defense to halt an onslaught, relieving pressure. When Guarding, there is a chance based on Guard Level plus a bonus based on Rank to retaliate against attacks made in Melee range, dealing Blunt damage and dropping the attacker's momentum to 0. This skill may be toggled on or off.

R1: Success Rate: 1.2(Guard Lv.)%; 10 + 15% Def
R2: Success Rate: 1.4(Guard Lv.)%; 15 + 30% Def
R3: Success Rate: 1.6(Guard Lv.)%; 20 + 45% Def
R4: Success Rate: 1.8(Guard Lv.)%; 25 + 60% Def
R5: Success Rate: 2.0(Guard Lv.)%; 30 + 75% Def

(Toggle: Passive)
Perpetual Check
Constantly keeps projectile attackers in danger, reducing damage from Ranged Attacks while advancing upon them. Upon receiving damage from a Ranged attack, the Black Knight moves one square towards the attacker. If adjacent to the attacker, the damage reduction is doubled. Damage reduction is increased based on rank.

R1: 4% Damage Reduction
R2: 8% Damage Reduction
R3: 12% Damage Reduction
R4: 16% Damage Reduction
R5: 20% Damage Reduction

(Innate)
Zwischenzug
Surprises the opponent with sudden, unexpected threats. Grants bonuses with movement, if Black Knight is the main class.

R1: +1 Move
R2: +20 Hit if the user's position has changed this round.
R3: Increases the range of all long-ranged Black Knight and Soldier skills by 1.

EDIT: Changed Interpose R4.
EDIT: Changed Interference's rank bonus to be multiplicative, not additive.
EDIT: Changed Zwischenzug R3.
EDIT: Interference's Defense scaling is now proper.
I like most of these except the last one. That one seems to be... wow... that's.. yeah. I can't even put it into words.

Everything else is great though.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
These are all actually rather interesting, including due to how now there is a bow which upon critical immobilizes the target.

All except the last one seem actually pretty good. A more defensive style play for a Black Knight over the offensive, which originally I've only seen from passives, the innates, or Forced Move to an extent, really.
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
I agree that all but the last one are fantastic. They fit perfectly with BK'S tank/ controller style. Interpose is perfect, I especially like the skill ' s progression. It could be the sort of catalyst ability that defines the class like how CM is for evokers.
Interpose pls. Want that so much
Thanks for all of the support! I editted Interpose to be more clear; it's supposed to be cumulative, but it could be interpreted as a plain 8% Damage Resist. Which is lame.

Also, what's wrong with the last skill? Is the R3 too strong?
Yeah, I think that's the big killer for it. Though I'm still kind of iffy on the +20 to hit as well. Maybe I'm just too paranoid about what it might be like prior to actually see it. Though it would be nice since BK only has one or two autohits to my knowledge (since checkmate isn't one).
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

Fair enough. But, yes. BK doesn't have very good autohits, since they're mostly meant to be a tank.

But the skill name is a chess term for "a move that presents a more immediate threat". So it could be to just increase the range of Hanging/Board Shaker/multi-reach BK/Soldier Skills by one.
I'm more open to that idea.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2314#p2314 Wrote:MegaBlues » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:43 pm[/url]"]BK doesn't have very good autohits
Image Link