Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two souls fighting as one (Install discussion)
"KhalidtheGrey" Wrote:Am I missing something? I only see more nerfs. An FP drain, but you can end the install for 3m? Wwwhere is the benefit?

permanent duration so you don't have to constantly reapply it for 3M (or occasionally get 'skipped' on if your install was making you faster than the opponent, either)
Pretty much Ki Awoken with FP drains instead of HP, Khalid.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Installing gives that much for stats? Geez. I'd like to know what my youkai base stats are since, you know, half of them are zero in my Wawa's case. Either way. Cleared up enough.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
Installing's not Ki-Awoken powerful. Depending on the youkai, certain stats (and the total) do tend to be significantly higher than your racial bases (some, like VIT, can get higher than ANY race's base), but a lot of the increase comes from having an affinity increasing everything by +1 or certain Youkai passives like Dragonscale or Daisengan.

Also worth clarifying that the suggestion's for the drain to be static and based on summon cost, not an increasing percentage drain (like Ki Awoken).
I'd agree with this in all honesty taking place as the replacement for install itself. As someone who has a Grand Summoner Arbalest, this'd be interesting for both rp purposes and build purposes. As for my other summoners, all of them have access to install but hardly make use of it. Even the bonder, I'd say if we do this, we also have a way to cause install to grant exp to the youkai while the summoner is installed with it as well for those install themed bonders out there, they need love too.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
As the suggestion stands, the upkeep cost (with absolutely no help from the numerous skills that decrease it) is absolutely laughable. FP drain would have a hell of a time trying to stop an Install with all of that butchered upkeep.

If anything, give Install a bigger upkeep cost (see: one that cannot be negated with GS' tremendous FP regen) and make everything that would boost the duration provide further benefits while under Install.

The chance for Install to go haywire and start messing up the user, if it were to be specifically countered, would be nice as well.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
GS has tons of FP regen, yes, but not many others do. While it shouldn't be a laughable FP cost, it shouldn't tell bonders to just go fuck themselves where installing is concerned for not being a GS.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
Then Bonders don't get the 'fuck you drains', lol. They can very well have something embedded to their inates, so the cost is reduced by the (Youkai's LV)% or (Friendship/2)%.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]