Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bounding
Rebound, as is, doesn't have much reason to be used. Getting the skill, sure, sacrificing one sp for that bonus res is very useful for ghosts. But very, very few seem to actually use the skill. I think it could use a bit of an upgrade and I have two ideas for just that.

The first is that it heals your scaled res +5% per rank, with a max of 25% or 30% with a white spirit.

The second is that it heals more based on the number of enemies claret called, that way it would work better with Red Rain (another skill that is almost never used, or even invested in by ghosts). Perhaps 10% more healing per enemy claret called and rebounded?
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Its because it applies unmarkable that ghosts don't use it
I fully support this and I'll tell you why.

As mentioned previously, Rebound is often grabbed by Ghosts-- but they never actually use the skill. Mostly because its healing tends to really not be worth it, specially with its after-effects (which is making the enemy Unmarkable).

Something like this (or any other kind of decent buff really) could motivate people to lean towards using this some more. There was a Red Rain + Rebound combo pre-GR but... well, nobody uses that anymore.

Another thing to consider is that a Papilion's butterflies can be marked by CC and kept alive in some situations. Maybe they should be made impossible to Claret Call considering what they are, and for the sake of balance if this goes through.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Its because it applies unmarkable that ghosts don't use it

Making it just remove claret call and not apply unmarkable is another idea for sure.

"Fern" Wrote:Another thing to consider is that a Papilion's butterflies can be marked by CC and kept alive in some situations. Maybe they should be made impossible to Claret Call considering what they are, and for the sake of balance if this goes through.

That should definitely change no matter if any of these suggestions are implemented or not.

along with summons being markable maybe
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
It used to be really good in group fights since you can deal AoE damage/use Red Rain and then Rebound for a big heal...
But GR basically doubled max HP and lowered RES (due to diminishing returns).

I think this would be fairly decent if it got around +Rank*7 as a flat healing bonus per Claret Call consumed.
It uses your RES to heal, but why not make it heal an extra 1% of your max HP per 30 scaled RES you have?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Because tying things to work per X scaled Y only works well at low numbers, since arbitrarily making skills scale on milestones based on a level 60 PC's stats is moronic.
Soapy's got the reason covered. I agree with them on just buffing up the healing per CC chomped up.

The aftereffects (see: making an enemy Unmarkable) should stick. Allowing this skill to continuously go off (while permitting Last Chance) sounds ridiculous.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I could go for a mild increase on the healing in large fights, though 40-80 (if buffed) HP seems... eh, as a heal in a duel. Perhaps it gets a bonus if you have marked all enemies on the map? As for removing claret call, it should always do that, at least. Unmarkable I have no idea about.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!