Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucky Hundreds
So, guess I gotta be the one to do this.

Lucky shell x Quickdraw. Using these two in combination allows you to literally stack up to 100% lucky fortune chance making you completely invulnerable. Now, against characters who are built for damage, this is not an issue, but what about the ones who aren't built to flat out out-damage everyone? The slower ones? Tanks even? If the MG can still crit they will just mutilate you with this combo. Not to mention getting three attack declarations if they use duelist for it as well. Allowing lucky shell to stack to 100% in 8 rounds if they don't miss, which they won't against a tank character, and of course it'd be easy for them to crit against them as well if the MG is really built to do so.

My suggestion to this is to simply give lucky fortune a cap of 50% chance to negate damage entirely. The other luck based effect can stay from the shell as that isn't the biggest problem. This won't affect single shot weapons or three round weapons either, this is simply to get rid of the 100% immune to damage meta that dominates anyone that can't deal enough damage to destroy these gunners.

Now I know people are going to argue "Just move away from them or blind them" but this is not to balance it against dodge based characters, this is for the tank style characters, does it seem fair that just because someone's style is to instead of blasting you to bits its to whittle you down with moderate damage while taking next to none themselves but STILL TAKING damage gets punished by the enemy reaching a status of ignoring damage HARDER than the tank ever could?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Cap it at 30 or 40 LV. I've seen lucky shell go up to 105 LV which basically means you lose.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'd say to cap it at LV 30. Half the gunners I've seen run Lucky Shell + Quickdraw, because it tends to be the 'I win' button if their opponent doesn't know what they're doing.

Just saying 'use Null Shell or run away' isn't going to fix this by the way. Most of these gunners have movement buffs, so they can easily chase you around and keep buffing... and making its only counter the same class wouldn't solve the issue as a whole.

Movement buffs aren't the problem here either. It's the fact there is not a cap to Lucky Fortune's level.

Please, change it?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
As previously discussed, another possibility is to change the effect to something that isn't total damage negation, such as making it damage reduction instead.
or make it so that once it caps out a hundred, since it can't be raised higher, unrefreshable so that it poofs in a turn.

Then give them a "Lucks ran dry" status where they cant steal luck for x turns.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:or make it so that once it caps out a hundred, since it can't be raised higher, unrefreshable so that it poofs in a turn.

Then give them a "Lucks ran dry" status where they cant steal luck for x turns.

That'll never work as long as safety exists, but nice try.
yeah I forgot about safety...
So currently we have:
[Image: 185a1f762d524e7f96ebc046634a6a6b.png]

And that means after wrapping things up, we'd have this:

Lucky Shell
Shell: Increases LUC by 1 for [Shell Power] rounds. Can Stack. (Caps at LV50.)
Bonus: You may negate (Lucky Shell LV)% of all damage, at a (Lucky Shell LV)% chance, for [Bonus Power] rounds.
High Charge: Steals target's LUC, equal to (Lucky Shell LV) for [High Charge] rounds. Cannot affect the target for [High Charge] rounds.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It could also be changed to a once-per-turn trigger (for the damage avoidance) in addition to receiving some kind of hard cap.
Problem is that sometimes the 'Lucky Shell' interacts a bit awkwardly with damage. It blocks Poison damage, Lingering Damage and all. While damaging a bit the immersion, when people turn on the god mode hack.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]