Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Pixel Movement Bugs and things
I was somehow unable to use the shortcut to cellsvich ( The one used to avoid the forest )

If you face a solid object and hold the arrow key towards it the footstep sounds will still be heard, even if you don't actually move.

I was somehow able to stand on Yuna's head, so I guess I should take this chance to also suggest that they have some increased icon priority/Layer compared to players to avoid this.

[Image: head.png]

Battlerings and icon positioning get messed up when you start a fight, but seem to get fixed when you move.

[Image: whathave_Ibecom.png]
[Image: ring.png]

Digging holes can feel a bit weird when you're on the edge of the grid/square and give the impression that you're digging on the wrong place ( Like behind you. )
[Image: a6d2384431.gif]

So if you overlap or bump into someone in a certain way, usually via diagonal, you can get shoved in many places that you can't get out of.
Most of these have been corrected. The only thing I didn't touch is the dig 'issue', not really sure how big of a deal it is or what could be done about it aside from moving you to the middle of the tile when you start digging.

The shortcut that bypasses the forest doesn't work because of the way collision detection works with pixel movement.
In response to the digging bit, I have an idea. Maybe change digging so that using a digging implement once would highlight the tile you were in, and then using it again would confirm the action? And canceling the highlight could be done just by moving.

If it's possible, I think that would be much better looking than suddenly clipping to a spot or phasing into place.