Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Mode Style: Unpredictable
This suggestion is an idea for a new toggle/style of combat: Unpredictable! If implemented, it would prevent the Attack Forecast showing hit rate, critical rate, and damage potential when selecting a target for attack. Instead, results based on the rolls/size of the hits/attack would be displayed, as such:

Hit/Miss Rate Messages
This are the messages that will display when attacking someone with a basic-attack style attack. Note, the first underscore is for the attacker's name, the second underscore is for the target's name, and the third underscore is for the weapon's name.
Miss by 50 or more = _ attacks _ with _ and completely misses!
Miss by 40 to 49 = _ attacks _ with _ and significantly misses!
Miss by 39 to 30 = _ attacks _ with _ and considerably misses!
Miss by 29 to 20 = _ attacks _ with _ and misses!
Miss by 19 to 10 = _ attacks _ with _ and barely misses!
Miss by 9 to 1 = _ attacks _ with _ and narrowly misses!
Hit by 1 to 9 = _ attacks _ with _ and narrowly hits!
Hit by 10 to 19 = _ attacks _ with _ and barely hits!
Hit by 20 to 29 = _ attacks _ with _ and hits!
Hit by 30 to 39 = _ attacks _ with _ and accurately hits!
Hit by 40 to 49 = _ attacks _ with _ and precisely hits!
Hit by 50 or more = _ attacks _ with _ and flawlessly hits!

Damage Amount Messages
This messages will show instead of the default damage messages. Note, percents are compared to total target HP. In addition, the first underscore is for the target's name, while the second underscore is for the damage element and type.
0 (exact) Damage = _ takes no _ damage!
Above 0 (exact) to 10% Damage = _ shrugs off the _ damage!
Above 10% Damage to 20% Damage = _ withstands the _ damage!
Above 20% Damage to 30% Damage = _ takes some _ damage!
Above 30% Damage to 40% Damage = _ takes a considerable amount of _ damage!
Above 40% to 50% Damage = _ takes a large amount of _ damage!
Above 50% Damage to 60% Damage = _ is assaulted by _ damage!
Above 60% to 70% Damage = _ is overwhelmed by _ damage!
70% to 80% Damage = _ is devastated by _ damage!
80% to 90% Damage = _ is demolished by _ damage!
90% to Below 100% Damage = _ is ruined by _ damage!
100% or more Damage = _ is defeated by _ damage!

Wound Levels
When someone is hurt by an attack, it will display an additional message directly behind the Damage Amount message. In addition, examining someone will show this message as well under their name. The percents are compared to their total HP. Note, Spellthief's Mysterious will prevent showing these wound levels on the character with Mysterious, except for the (Defeated) level.
100% HP = (Unharmed)
Below 100% to 80% = (Scratched)
Below 80% to 60% = (Harmed)
Below 60% to 40% = (Injured)
Below 40% to 20% = (Wounded)
Below 20% to Above 0% = (Severely Wounded)
0% = (Defeated)

Additional Ideas
-Not showing HP or FP to non-allied combatants, instead only showing the Wound Levels upon examination. Zerans, however, would be exempt from the FP portion of this.
-Oracles would, at the start of every round, gain a random, non-stealable status effect, out of three options: Predict Damage, Predict Hit, or Predict Critical; each option would show the relevant stat in the Attack Forecast. At the end of the round, the current status effect would be removed to be replaced with a different one next round.
-Weapon/Glove Enchants that would show one of the three Attack Forecast statistics. For example, the Guiding enchant (made with the Guiding Lens catalyst) would show Hit Rate, the Keen enchant (made with the Keen Eye catalyst) would show Critical Rate, and the Smashing enchant (made with the Smash Sibling catalyst) would show Damage Potential.
-An Armor Enchant that would show your Wound Level as Unharmed, despite enemy attacks, for the first three rounds (round 0 to 2) of combat. Upon the fourth round (round 3), the message "(User's) illusionary enchant has worn off!"

Thoughts, critique, and suggestions would be appreciated.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
I miss this
i don't think we need enchantments specifically for one battle style

the style as a whole just sounds like one big throwback to SL1 tbh
Let's do this throwback plz.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I dig it. Feels like something that can be used for a more immersive experience as well. I love me my immersions.
[Image: tenor.gif]
I like the idea, but the enchantments are dumb.
Aside from the enchantments, this should be the default battle mode. I've always hated the attack forecast, as well as being able to see everyone's HP and FP precisely.
[Image: 71102a2c2ae949308ecd329f448a5538.png]

Anyway, jokes aside.

This could be attached to 'Serious' mode? Since we 'also' use spars to safely test bugs and such.

Plus, in a spar, you would also be giving the enemy a more precise information, in a sense. Since you're not with any intentions to 'survive'.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Maybe make a new bug-testing mode. Usually in friendly PvP, people use Spar to avoid wounding, losing spirits, etc.
I would prefer this to become the new default mode as well, with the old mode being made into a bug-testing mode.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]