Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not-so-vorpal sklls?
I'm not 100% sure it's a bug or not, but Black Rend from shaitans doesn't seem to ignore Swaying or Zwei from boxers and can be reduced/nullified by both. I was under the impression Black Rend was supposed to ignore any and all reductions and deal a relatively low but reliable amount of damage.

I've heard Life Drain has a similar issue where it's supposed to be unreducable yet is affected by... well, something. Don't know what. Could use testing either way.

Which reminds me. Is the boxer skill for rapid punching supposed to be affected by Wraith Guard?
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
Quote:Smash your claw into an enemy within 1 range. Deals Slash damage that ignores armor to the target equal to your character level + 50% of Scaled STR, minus your Scaled SAN.

Black Rend only ignores armor. Things that ignore protection will ignore armor and Phys/Mag Defense, but nothing else.
Hm. Yet it goes through Defense too. I think Phys defense from other sources works though.
It ignores protection, but the description says it ignores armor. I corrected the description rather than (somewhat needlessly) nerfing it.
Alright. That works. Thanks.