Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FITE ME- No.
I'm sure we're all aware of Incognito and it's ability that reduces the priority of the skill's user for targeting of mobs and this allows them to more readily get into position to stab someone in the back. This is useful for the class and the role overall and they're often too squishy to be fair game targets (let alone priority ones).

Why isn't there a skill for the exact opposite effect for Soldiers? Being big, imposing, and actively taunting enemies into attacking you. I find it bothersome that tanks have no special way to force mobs to prioritize them over their squishier counterparts. The closest suggestion for forcing aggro I've ever heard were Forced Move, which doesn't really limit movement meaningfully and mobs can still just attack other people if they're in range, and Protect, which only functions against basic attacks and only while DIRECTLY next to an ally.

Personally. I would remove Incognito as a class skill and make it a trait and make an opposite trait for drawing mob aggro and make the both of them a toggle skill that doesn't take a slot. Obviously having both equipped and active at once would negate both of them. Either way, this would let any sort of tank or front-line fighter actually protect their squishier friends while said friends can hide behind the meat shields.

A couple excellent examples of people who may not have Soldier but are still tanking for squishier people are Hexers (if built for it), Ghosts, and Bonders (if built for it). I actually do have a Bonder/Hexer who is built fully into tanking and has a Fairy for a single bonded youkai. Said youkai tends to be at massive risk of getting blown up because I have no way to make the mobs not target her since we're rarely more than 10 feet apart, but she has half my health and reductions. I'm sure someone's going to just take this as salt because I gave a personal example and tell me to get a tanky youkai or re-build as a Bonder/BK. That's not helping anyone and the build is the way it is because of RP. I'm not interested in skewing my character's design on fundamental levels to be more meta in an RP game.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
i like the idea of an aggro sort of skill, but i'm more for keeping it limited to those designed-tanky kinds of classes
Any particular reason why only tank classes can get it? Personally I'd be more worried about abuse of the Incognito skill. Some how. I can't think of a way either of these could be meaningfully abused (especially since it's in PvE where this all amounts to quality of life). Either way, what worries you about classes designated as tanks not being the only ones who have an aggro skill?
It could be a Summoner/Bonder passive skill too? They lack a lot for a class.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
sorry, I should've specified, just kinda feels like it invalidates the identity of the 'tank' designed classes like BK to have basically anybody drawing aggro because they built high DEF, I guess? especially since a lot of the classes you mentioned already have a LOT going for them in the defense department, but i guess that's a little arbitrary when it comes down to it.

rather than a trait it should probably become a talent tree in that case,
The main reason that such a skill doesn't exist is because I don't think it would promote tanking, just triggering it and running away as the monsters all try to move towards you. If you want to tank damage, monsters don't move from attack range except in certain conditions.
You could make it just not work outside of a certain range, so force move would still be valid.