Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake Ankles [Naga's Wrap rework idea]
Can 'Wrap' from Naga work like, the same as Grapple? It doesn't make sense for it to work like the Corpse Hand's restrain.
And the way it works right now is a bit silly, since you bonk someone with a weapon and hold them by their ankles, while you are able to roam around.

But I had an idea while thinking about it, a way to make Nagas have something more unique and different than Doriads, there goes:

========================================================================================================================
Short introduction of the reworked Wrap:

Wrap will be a Damage Per Round skill, which will thematically cover some flaws Immobilize have, due to it's new debuff effects. It will be a decent tool in the Naga's arsenal, while being unique on it's own. So, enough talk:

Wrap

Cost: 0 FP / 3M
Target: Enemy Only
Area: Single

Performs a grapple attempt on an adjacent enemy. If it succeeds, it will apply Wrapped, which will damage them in the end of every round by Character Level + Scaled SAN. Wrapped enemies have a chance to be silenced. If the duration of Wrapped is 1, Wrap will deal an additional of Scaled SAN to the final crush's damage and apply Flatfoot. (LV = Scaled SAN)

========================================================================================================================
What 'materials' we'll need:

> Wrap will need a 1 round cooldown, sort of like Setting Sun.

> A new debuff called 'Wrapped' for the enemy, and 'Wrapping' for the Naga. (We will need some new debuffs because Immobilize won't do most of this skill's 'trick' by itself.)

> 'Wrapped' /'Wrapping' are enhanced, more 'damaging' versions of Immobilize. And their effects are:
- Grants immunity to Airborne infliction, while the debuff is active.
- Makes it unable to use movement or movement skills.
- Makes it unable to activate Evasion or proc Snake Dancer.
- Makes it unable to cast Invocations.
- Makes it unable to use the Boxer skill: Grandupper.
- Makes it unable to use the Naga's innate skill: Wrap.
- Makes it unable to use the Naga's innate skill: Coil.

As for how it will work:

> You use 'Wrap' on a target at 1 range.

> A special status infliction check is made:
'Naga' (Status Infliction + Scaled SAN)
vs
'Target' (Status Resistance + Scaled CEL/2 + Scaled GUI/2)

> If they win:
'Naga' has coiled their tail around the 'Target''s body!
-- You inflict 'Wrapping' on yourself and 'Wrapped' on the target for 2 (+1 per 20 SAN) rounds.

> If they lose:
'Target' has avoided the 'Naga''s attempt to wrap them!
-- Nothing happens, they won't be able to spam due to the round cooldown.

Secondary effect:

At the beginning of each round, if the enemy is inflicted with 'Wrapped' by you and if you are inflicted with 'Wrapping', the Naga tightens the hold, attempting to crush their opponent, dealing (Character LV) + (Scaled SAN) Blunt magic damage that ignores armor. While attempting to Silence the victim. (Luck-based chance. Duration equal to Wrapped enemy's duration.)

'Naga' tightens the hold!
'Target' takes 'X' blunt physical damage!

PS: The secondary effect will only happen if the Target is inflicted with Wrapped, and within 1 range of you.

Bonus effect:

If the duration of 'Wrapped' is at '1 round' left (i.e, if the enemy doesn't get rid of you or manages to break free), the last crushing damage will do an additional of (Scaled SAN) magic damage and inflicts Flatfoot LV (Scaled SAN) for 3 rounds.

'Naga' tightens the hold with an inhuman force!
'Target' takes 'X' Blunt physical damage!

Counterplay:

If the Wrapped enemy is not valid for the secondary effect. (i.e, they're not within 1 range of you). Both your and their Wrapped/Wrapping debuff effects are removed and a cooldown of 5 rounds is added to 'Wrap'.

They're in melee, susceptible to damage and unable to move away, like you are. That's already enough counterplay if they are a Mage or Ranged classes.

Math reference time:

> Skill Damage = (Character LV) + (Scaled SAN)
-- If you are inflicted with Wrapping, and the enemy is inflicted with Wrapped within 1 range.

> Skill Bonus Damage = (Character LV) + (Scaled SAN * 2)
-- If you are inflicted with Wrapping, and the enemy is inflicted with Wrapped within 1 range, and the duration is 1 round.

> Silence = Status Infliction vs Status Resistance.

> Flatfoot LV = (Scaled SAN).

Extra:

The 'Skill Bonus Damage's sound effect could be a slowed version of Banquet's 'bite' effect, or the bone-breaking sounds I'll be sending, along with the 'snake bind' sound effect to be substituted or added on the blunt damage per round.

The sound effects for this are here: http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=4477 for the sake of a more organized post.

This can also be used for Dancing Lantern's Strangle.

Dev, don't worry about copyrights, everything I got here is for fair use, these ideas are the only way I can contribute to the game, so.

I'd love to see this implemented if you can!
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think I could almost get behind this, with one exception; the airborne thing.

While I agree that it makes sense to restrict the use of some skills, like Leaping Lizard, I see no reason why the two can't get knocked airborne together, or remain airborne due to air shafts, etc.

Otherwise, I do think there's some potential behind this idea. Might need to adjust the formulas or whatnot, but I do think this would be worth considering.
*loud burp*
A giant snek lady jumping is a no no...

But the rest I agree with. They ARE sneks... they gotta wrap.
Ingame, I am:

Matilda Perugia - A Karatynn.

WHAT IS A COFFEECCUBUS?

A type of "ccubus" that is a form of a succubus, but instead of feeding off of sexual energy, she feeds off of Coffee. She also is a morning person, so always expect your coffee to be made, with breakfast and your coffee pot being stolen or molested.
This isn't how it works already? I would've thought this was logical to do for Nagas if you're gonna make em a thing.
+13
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water