Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip
Skip would still be a huge issue were those particular skills not to exist.

At this point, despite the many fair uses this skill has, I'd rather skip just be removed from the game entirely.

Being right has never been so painful.
I'm not sure whether I'm looking at a limited discourse on Skip's new cooldown, or a bandwagon of salt.

I'd rather see:
1. The 'problem cases' with Skip taken care of first
2. If Skip w/ cooldown is still too much, just remove the damn trait
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Alternatively, we could use Mordheim's take on it with it's "Delay" action.

Actions in Mordheim are divided into Offensive and Strategy; An attack uses OP, Movement and other such actions use SP. "Delay" Consumes 1 SP, and basically bumps you down the initiative tree by like 20 or 30, rather than pushing you to the end of the turn. You can delay repeatedly, but every time, you have less SP for future actions in that turn. (And yes, you even still need SP in melee combat, for things like Parry Stance and some special skills, and when using ranged weapons, you need SP to reload with every shot and/or take careful aim for a bonus to hit rate.)

Basically, what I'm saying is, Skip can cost momentum (If each round takes X many seconds, for example, waiting until later in the round effectively means you have less time to act) to effectively cut your Cel in half for the sake of turn order, and be repeatable. This means that a fast person can't get the guaranteed double-round if the opponent's skip is still on the cooldown it presently has, and Skip is a less powerful trait in the hands of those with low cel. (Cutting turn order from 60 to 30 cel is much more poignant than cutting turn order from 10 to 5.) In this scenario, if Skip costs 1M without repeat costs, it'd take 3M for the speedy character to go slower than the slower character (60-30-15-8 vs 10) and then the slower character can just skip once to negate the attempted double turn. It's highly unlikely that anyone would spend more than 4M skipping, as well, because at that point, you've just wasted your whole turn for nothing.

This would make double turns POSSIBLE, but not only unlikely, but less dangerous than two consecutive 7M turns that make skip a 100% required trait just to not fall victim to double turns.
*loud burp*
Remove skips cooldown, make skip cost 1m, allow repeat action for skipapalooza
And then that defeats one of the purposed of skip, which is allowing faster teammates to set up combos for/with the slower ones, aka Tacticians will be ruined 5ever.

Well, that, unless they get some innate 'Tactical Skipping', I dunno.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Tactician has a turn order passive that automatically sets their team mates turns after theirs if they toggle it.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Tactician has a turn order passive that automatically sets their team mates turns after theirs if they toggle it.

Tactician has a turn order passive that sets them before their teammates turns. There is a difference.

It's why slow-tacticians are hillariously stupid with someone on the party with high cel. #TurnSkipShenanigans
Considering I still won't touch tactician with a stick I'll take your word for it rendar.