Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Glykins
"Kameron8" Wrote:Faith is arguably more useful defensively than Sanctity, and it seems strange to have no racials attached to the racial stat. At this point I don't really care what route is taken, the power of the race is so disproportionate to most of the others in the game that it feels as if half of the population walking around are Glykins.
WHOOPS WRONG STAT FIXING THAT
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
So, after having to deal with this actual joke of a race in a 3v3

Vampire (BK/Hexer) / Glykin (DH/ST) / Glykin (GS/Monk)

vs

Glykin (Bonder/Hexer) / Felidae (Kensei/ST) / Elf (GS/Bonder) ...

I can very safely say that just building a fucking doomwall ( and/or installing DW to make it even more bullshit ) is just.. ridiculous. It's what helped me decide "You know, Malmelo is a bullshit spell for not requiring any scaling." The fight dragged on for.. a good 40-50 minutes. Not just because there were glykins (though that did help, since their glykin wouldn't have survived if he didn't have 60+ HP regen)... but because if you build a doomwall, and go glykin. You can dish out 300 damage, take 150-200, and then you regen 50-60 of that back. (And before you say anything, no. We couldn't afflict them with Intereference. They had 150+ passive status resist from FAI+SAN scaling)

So yeah, I'm fine with Glykin's getting hit with the damn nerf bat. Poison Immunity + the FAI benefit from Glykin is already a huge boon. percentage stuff in SL2 has, and almost always will, fail miserably due to the nature of it. Capping it out at LVL/2 would be nice, but something along the lines of 1+(SAN/15)% or LVL/2 (or 3), whichever is lower would probably be best fit. As, changing it to a static number means that glykins with lower HP will feel a benefit from this a bit more than glykins with high HP.

Also; Kameron. You aren't wrong. Most of the game is currently running Glykin MA/Something so that they can use a mortissimo for it's SAN scaling and can have shit STR. It's either that, or vampire (which, in this fight was shredded like paper by the 5 AoE Youkai that were spat out.)
20 Hp at 40 sanc per round? Doesn't sound horrific. Plus other, non-tank, glykin can use that and not feel gypped for it.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!