Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game-breaking bug! Unbelieveable things happened! (99% game WRECKED!!) [Campfire vs the rest of SL2's battle system ...
Sorry for the clickbait.

Anyway, apparently campfires send you to a plane where battles are projected on.

To reproduce this grand adventure you wait night-time. Then start by pressing Shift + Enter to make a camp in Gold's Desert. (Might be anywhere, but it's where this happened for me.)

Then, you start a campfire.

[Image: ffff2b9ee1d347e08b96bd4ce78b3581.png]

After a few minutes. (Presumably when somebody else starts a fight somewhere else.) The campfire disappears, and a random player in your camp is taken along for the ride.

[Image: 1870e0005fb54ecea4af1bbab3517ead.png]

If you wait a bit. (Even though the campfire is already gone.) This happens:

[Image: 90dd32b0a64142709190e9ecdfefc80c.png]

And if a battle is concluded, the map despawns:

[Image: 5d12a8bcc94d4c4cba9ff015beddaf36.png]

If you wait a bit, and another player fights, you get in another fight:

[Image: 98c773c0fc5343db9161600dffb3ea6a.png]

With this, you're permanently stuck as a voidwalker, until a GM warps you out. This needs to be fixed ASAP, since campfire kits are easy to be used and any players can get stuck with this. (If not multiple, if they're in the same camp a campfire's been started on.)

Things to consider:

- You don't 'belong' to the fight, you're just a free-walking person who occasionally takes AoE damage from both enemies and players.
- You're permanently stuck in this plane, so one should relog as fast as possible to prevent your game from saving you in this position.
- This is easier to replicate on live server, due to people constantly getting in fights. (You might want to ask for help too, since this needs a fight to be happening somewhere else.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I played around with this earlier, and I have some extra information that should probably be cleared up.

-The bug seems to happen everywhere. The trigger is the Campfire Kit being used, and the Campfire being spawned. I've confirmed it as happening on Lordwain and Kysei as well.
-There is no workaround, except to not use Campfires at all. Which means the Camp Meal talent is useless until this is fixed.
-What seems to happen is, Camps seem to be on maps that are reserved for the first instances that are spawned in there. Using the Campfire despawns the Camp. That said, this frees up the map for another Instance, which is, due to the frequency, usually a battle. However, if another instance (such as a BDP) spawns while the camp map is unused, then you can be sent there instead. And yes, if you're thrown into a BDP this way, you can still Plume out and you will be placed outside of the BDP that you were thrown into.
Also...
-Not completely sure about this, but every single time I encountered this bug (an absurd number of times by now), I was shot back to the world map every time I logged out after, just as if I'd logged out in the middle of a BDP or a Player Owned House. I've never been 'stuck' there until warped out, but if that's something that happens, then that might be another glitch that's much nastier than this one is, but is 'caused' by this one as well.
This should be corrected.
Issue has not been fixed in 1.76, your player camp still gets warped to another dimension after the campfire mysteriously despawns as if the camp had no owner or something like that.

In addition to this, the campfire is way too bright, to the point you forget it's night when you're into one.

Can this 'fire brightness' be limited to the tiles surrounding it and the size be doubled from 3 tiles to 6 tiles? And the tiles 4, 5 and 6 are respectively 25%, 50% and 75% less 'bright' the more far they are from the campfire's center?

(If this has been fixed in another version, can I get the 'ay okay' followed by 'fixed in version X.XX(x), so I can stop bugging you?)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Should be corrected for real now.