Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Que] Eviter and Bare Fists
I'm just wondering about this; I wasn't sure it was a bug and as such, didn't report it right away. However, I figured it couldn't hurt to bring up, considering. This is from the last version before the latest update, and can be ignored if it was a bug and already addressed.

I was making a Ghost/Monk and noticed that, early on when Bare Hands were the only things used, that I was able to proc eviter against Snakemen Swords, Staves, and Bows (Because of Eviter's interaction with Protection from Arrows.) However, this seemed to happen rarely, like once in every 7 or 8 attacks taken, leading me to wonder if Bare Fists counted as 0 Durability or something. Anyways, at the time I kind of wrote it off as being related to MMA making your offhand count as a weapon (As you cannot punch with it without MMA, even if you have an empty offhand.)

To reproduce:

Duelist/Martial Artist
R5 Eviter, R1 Protection from Arrows, R5 Empty Palm, Mixed Martial Arts
Both hands completely empty.

I'm just wondering if this was actually intended or if parrying with fists is a bug.
*loud burp*
Fists count as 'melee weapon', so.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Sure, but why do bare fists count as so low durability (Again, Eviter ALMOST never procced) when theoretically fists are unbreakable, meaning it should have been over half the time, but instead was closer to the base chance?
*loud burp*
Is the bug that Bare Fists count as no durability or that they work? Because the parry rate is indeed trash for them. I experienced this on my Ghost/Verg.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
"KhalidtheGrey" Wrote:Is the bug that Bare Fists count as no durability or that they work? Because the parry rate is indeed trash for them. I experienced this on my Ghost/Verg.

That's what I'm trying to find out, basically. I could see it making sense either way, considering, since it makes more sense to parry with metal gloves specialized for punching, compared to actual bare hands that you'd probably be better off trying to swat the arm holding the weapon away with, instead of actually putting your hand near the incoming weapon.
*loud burp*
Probably for the best, in my opinion?

Though using bare fists to parry everything with 65% chance would be pretty crazy (atleast for the Eviter's IC theme of 'you've deflected a weapon with yours, breaking it a bit in the process'.)

That's up for Dev to judge if it's a feature or not. And I hope it is.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Max durability for fists are -1, so it's very low chance. Honestly it probably shouldn't be possible to Eviter with your fists.
"Neus" Wrote:Max durability for fists are -1, so it's very low chance. Honestly it probably shouldn't be possible to Eviter with your fists.

could always get fancy and make the unarmed innates from martial artist count bare fists as 'a weapon' for things like eviter, especially with such a low chance
Considering the anime nonsense in this game, I can accept bare-handed parrying. Just.. grab the damn thing or wear some leather gloves and you're actually going to be just fine swatting realistically heavy weapons aside enough to effectively parry them. Mechanically though... I'd like to see them be fully capable of parrying with bare fists, but it either doesn't work as well or causes lingering slash damage for a couple rounds with a level equal to something like... 1/8th the damage (total of 1/4th). Would probably have to set it up as a unique dot so it doesn't screw around with other lingering damage stuff.

At this point it should be in suggestions but I bet dev's going to go with 'No' on this one. Oh well.

Also you should be beaten within an inch of your life if your parrying damages your equipment. Same for attacking.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!