Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP-Friendly Combat System
I support what Maikito said, however the traits should definetly come into effect only if participating in combat, much like Setsuna. Because while it would make sense they could use them even when just watching, ...them metagamers, yo.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2486#p2486 Wrote:Maikito » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:08 pm[/url]"]I

Modifiers
Mechanation Traits: Mechs should have some sort of trait that allow them to see normally unseen statistics, maybe not all of them, but some of them at the very least.

Zerans were originally supposed to be the only ones able to see FP weren't they? Anyway I'm all for this idea, there's no game that's free from 'bugs' or unintentional if it's being updated constantly.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2486#p2486 Wrote:Maikito » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:08 pm[/url]"]Mechanation Traits: Mechs should have some sort of trait that allow them to see normally unseen statistics, maybe not all of them, but some of them at the very least.
General Traits: Traits to analyze an opponents range of movement after moving, their known skills, and other various things could also be introduced perhaps.
Please elaborate on the following:
1) The trait that allows Mechanations to see unseen statistics. More specifically, I'd like to know if you're talking about the stats in the stat panel, or the information that appears when you target an enemy as the system is now (Hit rate, etc).
2) Do you mean seeing their movement grid up to the extent of the range they've moved so far, or do you mean seeing their full movement range once they move, regardless of how far they move initially?
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2490#p2490 Wrote:Rockabye » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:23 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2486#p2486 Wrote:Maikito » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:08 pm[/url]"]Mechanation Traits: Mechs should have some sort of trait that allow them to see normally unseen statistics, maybe not all of them, but some of them at the very least.
General Traits: Traits to analyze an opponents range of movement after moving, their known skills, and other various things could also be introduced perhaps.
Please elaborate on the following:
1) The trait that allows Mechanations to see unseen statistics. More specifically, I'd like to know if you're talking about the stats in the stat panel, or the information that appears when you target an enemy as the system is now (Hit rate, etc).
2) Do you mean seeing their movement grid up to the extent of the range they've moved so far, or do you mean seeing their full movement range once they move, regardless of how far they move initially?
1) Stats like HP, FP, Hit Rating, Damage. -Maybe- physical stats like STR, DEF, or VIT.
2) Something like that. as long as it's detected after they move.
Record Erasure, good sir. (Inb4 that becomes a trait).
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I'm al for this s long as their is a alternate type of PvP fight that shows all statistics
[REDACTED]

Anyways, here's my input:

Hit/Crit
In a game where PvP (and some PvE) frowns upon trial and error, hiding these values is not a good idea. This isn't a d20 system where people still have roughly a 5% chance to still accomplish whatever they're trying to do regardless of the opposition, nor is this SL1 where blow-outs are rare at best.

Movement Range
The whole 'everyone sees your movement/targeting/etc' thing was silly to begin with. Just make only the user see the panels/arrows/etc. A Debug option can re-enable these if needed for bug testing.

Level
Anyone going 'OH I'M A MUCH HIGHER LEVEL SO I'LL JUST GO AND ATTACK YOU' is being completely disrespectful, and should be reported accordingly. Otherwise, throwing them off isn't a great idea when they're pretty much the only indicator of monster levels within certain locations/deeper levels of a B.D.P.

Setsuna
So what if they decide to look upon your match and get your setup? It's not like they couldn't just naturally be able to pick up on how you fight from watching your battle(s) in the first place. Setsuna just makes things a little more obvious.

Armor Ratings/Encumbrance Display
I'm neutral on this, but I don't really think it's necessary.

Misc.
>No thanks @ Mechanations getting everyone's stats/Record Erasure
>You could also learn all of this by watching, which is already a dangerous thing to do in the usual match-up. Having Traits also do this seems unnecessary.
>I'd perfer that people don't go 'OMFG I THINK YOU BUG ABUSED, GM GET IN HERE' for everything ranging from clear-as-day bug abuse to someone getting mad over losing. Or something like that.

All of that being mentioned, I'm not quite sure how these aspects are ruining RP. If people are running around and making the worst of them, then I can see how people are dampened. On the other hand, there's plenty of ways to incorporate these aspects into RP without running the risk of looking like a metagamer.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
actually setsuna was changed to combat only at request of metagaming during ran's tournament.......
This still needs to be a thing. :c
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=8939#p8939 Wrote:Sawrock » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:45 pm[/url]"]This still needs to be a thing. :c
Yus pls.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]