Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotbar bug [Main Hand attacks don't work]
[strike]If you hotbar a Main Hand attack, then try to use it with a Dagger, the macro will not work.

Off-hand works as intended.[/strike]

http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...574#p25172
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It's not just daggers, I believe it's a left-over from the previous fix to 'attack' from your hotbar.

Once again it happens sometimes, not all the time, usually on reboot.
can confirm that main attack stops working when on hotbar, havn't found a specific time that it stops, but it seems after a random number of battles it disables itself hotkey wise. it can still be used via clicking the left hand panel Attack.

it's also not weapon specific, i've had it happen with every weapon type.
There, the thread title has been corrected.
Sometimes you flat out cannot use basic attacks from the bar, IE pressing the buttons just doesn't do anything.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Turn on player debug and let me know what it spits out when you try.
Code:
Debug:   0
Debug: Attack - /obj/skill/fe_attack

That's all that comes up when the attack hotkey doesn't work.
With what weapon?
A Divine Dragon Remains Hisen, haven't run into the bug on many other weapon types, swords seem to bug out the most.
Well, I've been ignoring it because using sidecut on the place of a basic main-hand attack can do the cut (no pun intended!), but there goes a bump, because this bug kind of harshly slows down a Rogue trying to do basic hits with Dagger Dance. Or a Magic Gunner trying to Akimbo someone down.

This happens/starts happening exactly after a reboot is done, and seems to be only fixed when the game is updated, just to be broken again at random in one reboot. I can confirm that before a reboot I could freely use my main attack and sub-attacks in my hotbar, and after the reboot, my main attack stopped working, then...

[Image: a738ddfb8add4935861046464474db59.png]
I've tried booting up Player Debug after the bug started once again trying to get more information. And did press the main hand, then off-hand (sub-attack) in order, slowly. Only sub-attack was responding the command.

[Image: 9fa7cb03c1754bc2aea9140472b34edf.png]

[Image: 120bdecf950341a9afc95e38dfb59833.png]
Then I've tried pressing only the main attack repeatedly and a '1' started appearing on the debug. What does that mean? Also, can more things be added to the debug so it becomes easier to identify the problem? It seems a little crucial. And I think this can't be reproduced in normal circumstances, only on live server after a reboot is done, is what I expect.