Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raijin to Popularity
"Spoops" Wrote:You either change every katana and lightning themed weapon to SKI scaling or you chop away the pure SKI scaling of this weapon, like I suggested before would be good enough: 25% STR, 50% SKI, 25% LUC, this way if you want to stat for damage with this weapon you can, by building a damage stat, or you'll suffer with a mediocre 75% scaling if you go pure SKI/LUC, it's fairly simple really.
This is fair, I can go for it. It protects from the heavy accuracy I was afraid of.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
"Snake" Wrote:http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...387#p23387

There we go. One for Strength too.

- 45+ People will salt globally if this suddenly gets changed from SKI to STR for 'shits and giggles' and STR is not buffed along to make it more valuable and worth the change, just because of 3 people posting in a thread.

No matter how many splinter threads you create highlighting overarching problems with the game, this isn't going to suddenly become something that can be ignored. Just because Strength is bad as a stat doesn't mean Raijin can be left alone while people ponder what to do about it. Yes, people immediately changed their build to use this weapon. No, that isn't a valid reason to leave it alone. Fruits of Fluidity are a convenience, you are more than capable of LEing and spending a few hours grinding to get back to something else. As far as I can tell the only people 'salting' over the mere idea of balancing this weapon like a normal sword are you and Fern, and denouncing the reason for changing it as 'shits and giggles' just shows you would rather hold onto your new, shiny, overpowered build than do something clearly better off in the long run for the game.

Bring this weapon in line with Sanjin, where it will still get used plenty often, and then any future revisions to Strength will directly power up Raijin as well.
But wasn't this specific scaling based on Spoops' opinion about sword variety in SWA wise, that lightweight Katanas should be based on SKI and such? Dev was probably testing it, but picked the wrong Katana to do so. (Right the one who scales from LUC along, and LUC is WAY TOO GOOD of a stat to benefit a weapon like this without something to hold it back, and it being STR.) And then this whole problem happened.

If I were to get a Katana to scale from SKI, it should've been paired with another 'technically useless and not so benefitial' stat, it being CEL. In case this goes through, of course. (Which is probable by now, the more I think about it, the more it says Raijin should be based on STR/LUC, and trust me, it has been a 'day' of thinking already.)

Thus why I suggested back there "Why not make Kazejin/Fuujin so those people who wasted their times building for it (the non-tank ones atleast) won't have lost their time/money for nothing."

Or are we just saying SKI should not be allowed in sword scalings now?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It exists already...its 10*

Tarnada.....
I think this thread hitting three pages in six hours is a pretty good indicator of how many people care about this weapon.

I wonder why.
because it doesn't scale on str and actually exists as an item that allows non tanks to murder tanks since they can avoid the Str stat tax and go full luc/guile/skill/cel and not suffer because str is a bad stat.

I mean its not as bad as those 100% guile scaling daggers........atleast guile gives you something nice.
Because 2 dollars are worth a ham sandwich here in Brazil.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Kameron8" Wrote:As far as I can tell the only people 'salting' over the mere idea of balancing this weapon like a normal sword are you and Fern

I've already said I don't mind adding STR to its scaling, such as 25% STR 50% SKI 25% LUC. I am not salting over the 'mere idea' of balancing a weapon, but I have to say that this comment of yours did irritate me a little. And just in case, if you are also accusing me of having an overpowered build from the Raijin... well, I don't even know where you're assuming that from besides just trying to give input on the thread.

Personal reaction aside, I just don't like the idea of it using high STR due to people that stat'd for it. They shouldn't just burn money or waste hours (days depending on situation) grinding over a scaling change. At least I believe so.

Money or time might not be worth much to you, but it is to others.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Conduiz Raijin sounds like someone pouring all their effort into Lightning. It would be a shame if they ran into someone that walled any kind of Lightning damage....

Seriously though, I'd like to ask for some hard number crunching on a Conduiz Raijin build here.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:Seriously though, I'd like to ask for some hard number crunching on a Conduiz Raijin build here.

You got it. I've thrown together two example builds -- both crit-based Kenseis -- based around Raijin and Sanjin. To keep things from getting too cluttered, I omitted traits, items, and class passives from the stat pool, and only added stamps. Feel free to point out any discrepancies if they come up, but nothing about what I'm saying has anything to do with Conduiz.

Sanjin:
[Image: SkPSj4F.png]

This has:
- ((45 Strength * .60 Scaling) + (40 Guile * .40 Scaling)) * 1.5) = 64.5 Scaled Weapon Attack from stats alone. With weapon power included, and optionally two handed, this would be fairly substantial.
- Good dodge.
- 40% Crit damage.
- 20 Acid damage on hit, and 10% resistance to it.
- 12% Damage reduction from physical and magical sources. (No points invested)
- High battle weight, in the event someone wanted to disregard Celerity for full heavy armor for their setup. (Talents provide up to 10 battle weight and 7.5 weight reduction on weapons)
Raijin:
[Image: kSCU4aM.png]

This has:
- ((50 Skill * .60 Scaling) + (50 Luck * .40 Scaling)) * 1.5) = 75 Scaled Weapon Attack from stats alone. This is 16.27% more SWA from stats than Sanjin.
- 20 more dodge and 10 more crit evade than the Sanjin build.
- 20 more hit.
- 12.5% higher critical chance.
- 5% higher crit damage.
- 25 Lightning damage on hit, and 10% resistance to it. (More relevant to resist, but also more likely to encounter resists)
- 15% Damage reduction from physical sources, 14% damage reduction from magical. (Minimal stat investment)

These builds could be modified at a whim to include more defenses, or whatever, but the gist of the information someone can get from looking at a comparison boils down to the following: Being able to build without incorporating strength gives someone roughly 30 additional stat points to allocate throughout their build. If you're looking for a citation on how I got that number, compare the Sanjin build to an identical stat setup without Strength.