Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enhancing Roleplay
"Dev" Wrote:It directly contradicts RP, because the exchange of goods is entirely OOC between yourself, and yet somehow has an IC benefit to you.

This logic applies perfectly to Legend Extending. LEing is completely OOC but has numerous IC benefits, such as increasing certain stats and making you do more damage against certain creatures. In order to truly embody a good roleplaying experience, I think that we should either change LEing in order to make it entirely IC or remove it entirely.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
How would that promote people to interact with each other any more then they do now?
Munch
"Skimmy2" Wrote:How would that promote people to interact with each other any more then they do now?

Instead of OOC'ly obtaining these stats and becoming stronger, you can roleplay it out with an IC elixir or some other method that requires people to interact with one another. If it's removed entirely, then people should focus less on grinding and, thus, have more time to RP.

Thing is, this system has been on SL2 for quite a while. All we can ask for is not it's removal, but having more sugar added to it. A >lot< of people already wasted a >lot< of their time with this, and it wouldn't be fair for it to just be 'lol removed'.

We just need more ways to cap your character's Legend Book, that doesn't require you to Legend Extend to restart the game from its most boring state, LV1.

I'd be all in for more quests that reward Legend Inks for this purpose.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't think you understand that everything doesn't have to be 100% IC roleplay.

Theres 3 distinct playstyles with various leverage in the game

IC RP stuff : gm events, Roleplay, drama, cuckolding, ect.

Story driven narrative: Dev's main quest of fun times ( he needs this to stay sane) stuff like LE, Laplace quests, npc quests, ect.

Ooc stuff: item drops from monsters, grinding, Arena spamming, Statue of memories, ect

SL was never trying to be eternia
"Dev" Wrote:It directly contradicts RP, because the exchange of goods is entirely OOC between yourself, and yet somehow has an IC benefit to you.

Anything that is entirely OOC but has an IC benefit is antithetical to roleplay, and SL2 is a roleplay game. What I want is not for SL2 to be Eternia. I just want Dev to be consistent with his vision for SL2. Consistency is key.

The difference between those is crystal

In the example situation you have a meta conflict of interest, You are using roleplay as an excuse to give yourself items obtained on one character to another, because they are friends.

The issue is how this trade comes to be. You, the player, Want Item 1 on character A, Character B, also your character, has the item, both characters are established as friends by you, so you grin, and have character B , ICLY gift the item to his friend.

This wouldn't happen nearly as quickly or neatly, and you didn't roleplay to earn the item, you Scripted the exchange as the sole player involved.

Just because The LE system isn't a Strict system with roleplay earned benefits, doesn't make the benefits from it ooc, infact most of the benefits you gain from it are there to represent the permanent benefits of something, Such as becoming experienced in slaying the undead, or learning that extra +1 cooking from a master chef, Or permanent stat bonuses from a long hard earned training montage, the point is the LE system's benefits are justifiable in whatever way the person wants to, and if they decide the benefits aren't huge enough or impactful enough to include in their roleplay, they don't have to.
LE benefits aren't justifiable in IC. You did not gain that 10% increase in damage towards the Undead by becoming an expert undead slayer. You got that increased damage because you OOC'ly wanted that attribute and chose it OOC'ly rather than IC'ly. A way to make it more IC would be if you got that extra 10% damage by consistently killing the Undead and then losing that benefit in place of another if you kill another type of monster consistently.

If it is metagame to make any sort of OOC trade, then it is metagame to gain IC benefits with an OOC LE system. It needs to either be reworked to be IC or be removed, because SL2 is an RP game, and metagaming should not be tolerated on any RP games.

Egil, this isn't helping anything. This won't make Dev change his mind about the trade restrictions (that most MMOs and MOs have, mind), and there is, as Lolzy said, a crystal clear difference. LEing rewards the player for playing the game more. The trade restrictions promote trading and commerce between players.

In any case, I personally have a character myself who ICly hunts spatials, and has the ink put in the spatial LE damage slot for it. I personally don't mind having to OOCly LE and grind back up in order to represent his hatred for spatials ICly, damage-wise.

Now, to note, this next part is sarcasm.
In addition, if LEing really shouldn't be in the game since it's an OOC mechanic, stat placement shouldn't be in the game either; it's an OOC thing. We should gain 0.000001 STR every time we hit an enemy with a physical, STR-based attack. We shouldn't use talents, but instead have mastery systems. Oh! And don't forget that instead of having fluency, we need to have our characters go to an IC teacher, and get taught how to ICly read and write. And, last but not least, we need to implement a system where our character dies if we ever reach 0 HP in a monster fight. I mean, teleporting to the last inn you were at is totally OOC, so we should just face the fact that when the monster defeats us, it's killing us.

(Edit notes: Changed the phrase "it's an OOC game" to "it's an OOC mechanic&quotWink
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Well damn then mate I guess we need to remove classes, skills, stats, craft levels, shit.

We have to remove any Trackable or quantifiable statistic man , game over, man.

...oh wait I think I found the game.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

just a text box...the onlything possible is IC.

...wait
...oh god no..

its got an ooc chat panel. a method to ooc make decisions, OH GOD MAN