Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New katanas
So, I've done the math, The reason why people like the Raijin so much is that it is unbalanced.

Let's take the Wadao, with it's 1.25 crit damage.
1.5(Global crit dmg) x Wadaos 1.25 x1.4(since this is the number i use in my crit calculations, Soft cap, Assuming racial is 0) = 2.625
Assuming we hit for 100(So it's easy to calculate each point as a % in regard to defense)
100xcrit dmg = 262 crit damage.

The Raijin, Once again assuming we hit for 100
100xcrit dmg = 237

However, Since the Raijin doesn't need str like every other katana, they can pump those extra 10-20 points elsewhere.
Let's assume 20, And they put 10 into ski and luck(Raijins scale stats)
the first 3 after soft cap will give you 0.911 extra damage, then 0.821
but it's something like +7.2 for 9 points past soft cap
That's 7.2 for skill and another 7.2 for luck
This will be shown in it's higher base damage
that's then 114xcrit(2.37 Which is a lower crit then the wadao) = 270

Now, Most people typicall have 90-110 base damage, Which we can assume as 10% difference.
237+10% would only make it 260(Disregarding it's +3 base power over the wadao, Which should make a difference)
All this puts it on par with a crit weapon, and a better choice for base power as well against stuff like liches and Dullas.
This isn't even mentioning it's 50% element atk bonus either

Comparing the Raijin to the other new swords
The acid or dark swords for example, They would be on par with, if even 10 dmg less with a crit.
Putting them at around 260-280 +50% element atk
The new crit sword would be slightly better then the wadao in damage, but only by about 10 damage because of it's +3 base x 2.625 which is about 8-9 dmg.

Other issues regarding the Raijin are...
The lightning meta has been an issue for a while now, The new metal makes Raijin even deadlier for lightning users.
Being able to also use it as a catalyst for spells, Which practically overshadows spelledge when it comes to lightning.
Sure Conduiz doesn't give any power, but considering the scaling factors i mentioned and that it doesn't need str like every other sword(Excluding the hakouhen) that gives it a major advantage.
This is putting lightning based spell swords on par with pure melee builds. These spell swords should be slightly weaker for their split focus. I wouldn't mind if they were only 20 damage weaker then a pure melee, because that would mean they were clever enough to make a build like such.

Possible solutions...
Now i'm no expert on wood or cloth based crafting, But i don't think there are any other mats like conduiz.
If we want to keep conduiz Raijins how they are, Then perhaps make the new crit sword have a base of 10 crit chance like the wadao, Or even 5.
Maybe add new mats that give bows some kind of wind or earth property.
Perhaps even change the mats themselves to give +25% of element atk, Based on which material they are crafted of, This way to not overshadow the weapons with the 50% as a base trait.
Or even the simplest of them all, Change the Raijin to 10-20% str scaling, removing 5-10% from skill and luck scaling.
There's already a thread about it at http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=4579, champ.

Nice math, regardless. It only proves that I'm right about nerfing the weapon's base statistics and not the scaling.

d =u=
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
As Snake says, this is/was discussed at length in a different thread, over here.

That being said, crits no longer deal a normalized 50% extra damage, like they used to before the stat revamp. Instead, you'll deal damage equal to the natural crit damage of the weapon (110% for Raijin, 130% for daggers, etc) plus guile bonus. For the Raijin, with 40 Guile, that would be 150%.

The actual damage of a basic attack is a bit of a number crunch to calculate, but it doesn't take a genius to determine that 165% Crit damage on a Strength Weapon (Wo Dao) does comparable damage to a 150% Crit damage Raijin once the 50% Lighting ATK is taken into account. Couple that with an extra 20-40 stat points you get to allocate elsewhere (the number is dictated by how much Str would normally be invested in a build with the other swords), and you have an objectively superior weapon.