Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focused Meme
In all the time it has existed, Focused Beam has rarely been used. I had a few ideas to make it better.

1. It now applies spell effects, based on the element.
    - Fire would use Salamander's burn, Ice would use Fenrir's slow, etc. I imagine Phoenix would create a Light Shaft on the enemy. This would give the spell a bit more utility.
  2. It now functions as a beam, hitting enemies in a line to the targeted tile, similar to Oil Chain.
    - This would be a nice little bonus, giving it some of that LB AoE theme without affecting the skill's purpose.
I think having both of these would do a lot for the skill without making it overbearing whatsoever.
Suggestion 1 alone seems enough, imo. Having this to do a line of powerful damage would 'sorta' defeat the purpose of the AoEs.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I feel like a line based shot via cannon targetting could really only work out if damage was halved unless at the end of the line, otherwise I think Focused Beam does quite enough damage right now and it's only under-usage lies with lanterns doing more damage in short range, otherwise it usually does more damage than the other lanterns.

As for the status effects, that'd be nice yeah.
I'm just gonna say this... Why is it a beam if it does not affect enemies in a line? Logically it makes sense.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
It could potentially function as a 'moving' beam, using a similar pattern to Arbalest cannons.
I'd enjoy that immensely

It would give it an identity other than just some Single target spell no different from rye, youkai spells, monster spells, ect.
I agree with that. It's a beam that's not a 'line', per say.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]