Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REMOVE WINGED SERPENT ASAP
please, just fucking remove it from the game until its error is fixed.

Idiots and trolls keep fighting it every reboot causing lag/flashstep/choppiness on purpose.
The name is Feathered Serpent.

And yeah, I do as well request it's removal. Or atleast a global warning whenever someone starts fighting it, so we can report those trolls.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
b-but muh content

I would hate to probably see some new player getting universally trolled/lynched by the rather toxic community here for unknowingly fighting a bugged boss.

But yeah, remove it I guess until it's fixed to not murder the entire server
[Image: hBDofi9.gif]
If pvp was non consensual I'd just go back to the dark days of SL1 pre zombie bug fix, Stand infront of cave and PK anyone who trys to enter.
That seems a bit dickish
but okay
whatever floats your boat
[Image: hBDofi9.gif]
It was a game breaking bug, anyone who fought a particular enemy got turned into an npc driven zombie back in sl1, it persisted past relogs, infected other players your zombie defeated. so until Dev fixed people would dissuade trolls by force.
The 'trolls' in this case being people who wanted to explore the area and fight the boss (or maybe even just see what this huge treasure chest is all about), right?

Being uninformed is hardly meaning to troll the game or lag it into oblivion, and this mentality that people who get involved need to be reported or pked or whatever else is just thoughtlessly aggressive, the sort of stuff that really drives a wedge into communities.

If this is really the huge issue for lag that everyone's making it out to be, considering that it hasn't been fixed yet and purportedly keeps being activated regardless of what people are told, it'll probably be much more productive to gather information using debug mode and co-operating with other observers rather than demanding the fix with no information whatsoever and pointing fingers and insults at the regular players involved. Get a few players in there with debug mode. Track the boss' phases and have players on the outside report on when, exactly, this lag suddenly appears.

'This ruins the game remove it right now' doesn't provide a single clue on what to look for or where.
"Joseph Jostar" Wrote:If this is really the huge issue for lag that everyone's making it out to be, considering that it hasn't been fixed yet and purportedly keeps being activated regardless of what people are told, it'll probably be much more productive to gather information using debug mode and co-operating with other observers rather than demanding the fix with no information whatsoever and pointing fingers and insults at the regular players involved. Get a few players in there with debug mode. Track the boss' phases and have players on the outside report on when, exactly, this lag suddenly appears.

'This ruins the game remove it right now' doesn't provide a single clue on what to look for or where.

The issue was already reported in Bug Reports, this thread is just asking to be removed or stop people from fighting it before the update. Dev's working on a few things, testing stuff for the newer update, so it might take a while.

And yes, there is trolls that fight it exactly to make the server lag and then leave the game.
If the boss is being used to lag other players and it has been determined that the boss alone is responsible for the lag, then disabling it until it is fixed would be cool. Though, the next update may be just around the corner and, thus, there's no need.

All of that aside, I think it's pretty funny--- moreso people's reactions rather than the actual lag itself. I've been on the server myself when the lag is being induced and it's really not bad at all. I can't see it actually hindering people from doing whatever they do on SL2 except maybe making grinding even more unbearable. Sitting around and talking, cybering, etc are all very possible under this minimal lag, so... this high level of butthurt just makes the situation exponentially more entertaining than it would be if it were just one bored dude fighting a certain mob that causes slight lag for the server for shits and giggles.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
I don't really know what part of Feathered would be lagging the game. People seem to say it's after the lizard minions die.