Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STATUS EFFECTS
Okay Ryu. So like. Gonna be a bum here. I'll knock my offensive stats down a bit. Tell me some actual .reasonable. RES/LUC to compare it to. I'll knock 15 off of my WIL to have it at .proper. levels.

Also, as a Doriad I don't even really use the immobilize skill because of how lame it is. Papillion's get there "CHARMED SUCKER!" effect, which is always hillarious and overpowering.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2584#p2584 Wrote:Neus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:31 pm[/url]"]
"Slydria" Wrote:
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2565#p2565 Wrote:Neus » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:42 am[/url]"]It's also a lot harder to get a high base RES than it is to get a high base SKI.

One last thing, which is a tad related to the thread but mostly just for correction. Doriad and Papillion characters are most often races geared towards being mages, and mages actually find it easier to get RES than SKI. Incidentally, they're also the races that will be most affected by any change to the formula.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
@ Sderg: Charm only lasts for 1 to 2 turns from a Butterfly that you don't have to hit (and the Papilion might be too far away to activate it), not every butterfly is going to charm, and if you're a lower level than the opponent by 3, it doesn't even work.

I'm not saying the equation shouldn't be changed, but if Hexers are the main problem, they need to get the bigger nerf. Not take two races down and make them useless along with it..
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Those stats are -far- from the norm, and I'm assuming that you've installed and summon stormed with Astral Aegis. And we all know that keeping six youkai out for long won't work.

Also, status effect is a percent chance for a reason. It shouldn't always be guaranteed.

Also, my mage has 55 Skill and 60 Will, as well as about 30 Luck.

Speaking of, I think the foruma should use half Luck. Since Luck affects so many things, it shouldn't work at full power for them.
This has always been a problem though Ryu, it's just that it wasn't that big of an issue. SUPPOSEDLY, Lantern Bearer Blind is 'meant' to be a status effect CHANCE, yet I've always seen it land blind, or burn/etc all the time. I would still have a decent enough chance with just WIL+LUC vs RES+LUC, if it was SKI+LUC vs RES+LUC, not so much, but I'd still have a like.. 30-40% chance without hexer involved whatsoever. < 50+24+30 or so.. > against most people.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2590#p2590 Wrote:MegaBlues » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:42 pm[/url]"]Also, status effect is a percent chance for a reason. It shouldn't always be guaranteed.

I agree, but it because it's a percent doesn't mean it always will be garunteed either (I'm speaking post-nerf), and it shouldn't be made to be shrugged off, either, considering how miniscule it will become.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
At the moment, I will admit, if you are -geared- towards status effects, they shouldn't be constantly battering at you like a ram.

However, if we are going by terms of mechanics, I'd at least like to give a point on that. Willpower, while also being a damage output, can be seen as the actual 'willpower' of the being. Take Papilions for example. Their illusions are not weaved by mere skill in their craft, they need focus, they -need- to be willful and utterly into these illusions of which they make. Hexer's themselves shouldn't be the deciding factor if Status Effects have to be nerfed or not. Their point is to over-come those geared towards it, if anything.

The formula may need to change, but this doesn't seem justified. I will say this now, I have seen people with 47 Res, 60 Res, 100% Wraithguards of all things. In the end, it's actually possible to get high res, and high luck if one is tedious or just simply 'lucky'. Mind you in certain cases, I've also seen these same people with Defense in the 40's as well. With decent Str, or certainly powerful will to compensate for that manner. In short, please. Just keep the formula how it is, or change it to a minor extent. Or else we will probably end up seeing all status afflicting races having to flock majority to Hexer in some regard in the end, or literally people continuously stacking to be like the matters stated above.
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
Your assumption was off the mark, Blues. Astral Aegis had nothing to do with it. I'd like to point out that the stats Rendar posted initially were also "far from the norm." What mage ends up with 50 SKI?
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
Uh. A mage who leveled as EVOKER/GS. or EVOKER/LB. I had a 60% chance to get SKI, and I have 45~ base

4 from my race, with a 57% growth in total whilst leveling.
Your opinion is noted Ryu, thanks.

Anyway, just to illustrate my point.

Number 1 - Stats only.

40 WIL, 40 SKI, 40 LUC inflicter. Base Infliction: 160
40 RES, 40 LUC resister. Base Resistance: 80

80% chance to inflict a status effect without any other factors.

Number 2 - Inflicter stats only, Resister with full bonuses.

Base Infliction: 160
Base Resistance: 80
+ 10 (Anti-Status)
+ 10 (Warding Enchantment)
+ 10 (Warding Torso)
+ 10 (Crucifix)
+ 10 (Alchemy effect)
+ 12 (Fox God level 6 status resistance)
+ 30 (Fairy Ring x3)
= 172 Status Resistance

-12% chance to inflict a status effect.

Number 3 - Inflicter and Resister with full bonuses.

Base Infliction: 160
+ 12 (Fox God level 6 status infliction)
+ 20 (Hexer's Dark Invasion)
+ 30 (Hexer's Payback)
+ 30 (Doomed weapon bonus)
= 252 Infliction

252 Infliction VS 172 Status Resistance = 80% Status Infliction.

Things to note;
-Resister's setup requires 2 specific items to be equipped, 1 trait point, 3 Talent Points, and a specific class with 3 specific Youkai. Good Medicine requires an item use and lasts for 2 rounds.
-Inflicter's setup requires 8 SP, a doomed weapon, and to take damage.
-Resister's setup is much less practical than the Inflicter's and has a greater opportunity cost.
-I just picked 40 because it was a nice middle-ground number.
-If the formula were SKI+LUC vs RES+LUC, the 80% status inflictions would become 0%.
-WIL/2+SKI+LUC vs RES+LUC might be a happier medium, because the attacker should have a bit of an edge over the defender to avoid stalemate situations.