Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Spill
So, we all know why Magaisendo got nerfed, it was due to CM > Magaisendo entire field wipe. But.. now there raises another issue.

WRETCHED OIL, while it uses 80% of your WIL instead of 100%, it has no negative scaling for cross-field sniping and also POISONS your enemy with a level 30 status. That only a level 60 using an anti-toxin can get rid of. Which.. you spent 3M getting rid of a poison, to then be smacked for it again RIGHT after, alongside some rather heavy damage... Which means you can either spend 3M healing, or advance with massively crippled HP.

Did I mention they can just use the Wretched Oil again and get you poisoned again right after an anti-toxin since it doesn't give immunity?

A way to fix this would be to give it the Magaisendo nerf, which means at longer range it's damage gets bad, and its chance to inflict you with its poison gets way-way- worse.

As it stands now its deaing out about.. 20-30% of a person's max HP, alongside whatever damage the SPELL causes. And hey, if they're close up with you, they can just make it incurable and deal 40-60% of your HP from poison alone because "FUCK YOU!"
Uhh... You really should fact-check your complaints.

It's 80% WIL scaling, not 20%? If it were 20%, you'd be doing so little damage that it would almost always be cancelled out by a monster's RES.

Secondly, Poison Damage does 10% of your Max HP. (Which would be 20% of your Max HP with Menovs' Fang.) So unless you're trying to include Death Knighting's Fallcall into this, I don't know where you're pulling '40-60%' from.

Anyway, overall, I think nerfing Wretched Oil is unnecessary. While it has no damage drop-off, it's damage is easy enough to curb, there's alot of monsters that are either resistant to Dark or resistant to Earth and against high RES, it'll be doing next to nothing due to the way those dual-element spells work, leaving you with only that initially minuscule Poison Damage per Round.

Not to mention, it's the second most expensive non-Invocation AoE in the game and you can't cut it's price down with Arcane Tattoo like Magaisendo.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I meant to put 80%, myyy badddddddddddd

the 20-30% is over the course of that poison, since it has to run its course, which is a 3 Duration poison, it gets refreshed if you apply the Fang hex. It's damage isn't so much coming from the "OH BOY X DAMAGE!" from the spell, its whenever that stacks with the poison damage that can't really be resisted besides through guarding < Why does guard lower that damage again..? >
Think about it this way.

If my character has 350 HP and you poison it. It'll take 35 Poison Damage each Round, for probably 3 Rounds. Up to 105 Poison Damage over those 3 Rounds.

But that's not actually that much if you think about it in comparison to attacks, damage spells, etc.

Hell, there are many Attacks/Skills that could trump that kind of damage output.

I'm not saying Poison is bad and needs to be buffed or anything. But it's not really as brutal as you're making it out to be, because it works slowly.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Eh, I guess so. Curate does need a way to remove poison to make it less of a "I'll start the fight off with an oil spill so that by the time you get to me you're pretty banged up from the poison"
That developer guy should add rods that can cure status effects.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2599#p2599 Wrote:Neus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:20 pm[/url]"]That developer guy should add rods that can cure status effects.

Sounds like a staff to me. (At least I hope so.)
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
What's this about rods, the only one I remember is this one that heals a bit.
Rods were a dumb idea that thankfully never took off. Maybe that developer guy should give the already existing support promos more debut removal or maybe give curate a promo who does?
Let's bring back Mercalan Priest.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]