Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stat Buff Ideas
Strength Buff Idea: If higher than GUI, then is used for crit damage modifier instead of GUI (to represent pure brute strength breaking through a defense, as opposed to a sneaky-waiting-for-an-opening GUI attack).
or
Strength Buff Idea: If half of scaled STR is higher than scaled GUI, then is used for crit damage modifier instead of scaled GUI (to represent pure brute strength breaking through a defense, as opposed to a sneaky-waiting-for-an-opening GUI attack).
----------------------
Celerity Buff Idea: For every twenty scaled Celerity you have, you get +1 to Move and +1 to Movement Cap.
----------------------
(Edit notes: Edited the Strength Buff section to include a second idea.)
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I like the STR one (to an extend), and dislike CEL (due to game mechanics).

STR 'could' substitute GUI, it's a fair trade-off of skill slots for weapon damage, stat wise. But I think at a half efficiency, so GUI doesn't become forgotten. It's still a stat investment in the end of the story.

CEL would make everybody become sanic, unless base movement was instead of class, was CEL dependent. In which I would agree 10x.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I could see half-effectiveness being a better idea for STR, yeah. I'll edit the original post to include the idea.
The most movement you'd gain from CEL, according from maxing out CEL, is +3. Most people, however, will only get +2. This is decent and useful, but not overpowering, in my opinion.
I like all of these.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I'd rather see strength get its own effect or add to guile, just flat out replacing guile puts strength and guile in a bad spot.

Lets say Strength is half effective as guile, and you want to use a high scaling str weapon, like an axe, but you have lots of guile to buff your crit damage.

If strength just replaces guile, guile just becomes a dump stat/useless stat.

If its a replacer that is half as effective, when would it switch out, because 30 guile is beter than 59 scaled strength.

Honestly I feel that strength getting phys def penetration for strength is better than just tacking on crit damage, if you are strong your brute strength encompasses all your attacks, not just the ones that hit vitals.
Alternatively, we can make sure that all standard melee weapons from here on out just scale STR, and perhaps touch upon the outliers in the future such as daggers, mortissimo, Bamboo-bo and yatta yatta.

This wouldn't make STR bad either since it'd be the weapon scaling stat for the most part.

The reason I say this for the most part is that adding anything to STR starts to set the game out of balance, making it needed to go over all of the skill's weapon scalings and critical damages just to make sure everyone doesn't die in 2-3 hits, just for a few outliers which can be fixed.
"Spoops" Wrote:Alternatively, we can make sure that all standard melee weapons from here on out just scale STR, and perhaps touch upon the outliers in the future such as daggers, mortissimo, Bamboo-bo and yatta yatta.

This wouldn't make STR bad either since it'd be the weapon scaling stat for the most part.

The reason I say this for the most part is that adding anything to STR starts to set the game out of balance, making it needed to go over all of the skill's weapon scalings and critical damages just to make sure everyone doesn't die in 2-3 hits, just for a few outliers which can be fixed.

Strength and Will being involved in every weapon's scaling, with the sole exception of some guns, is my preferred solution as well.
Guns being the exception seems a bit odd, gameplay-wise. They have range, and don't suffer a range penalty in range 1.
Because they naturally scale low, and require high WIL to get even better scaling if used with MG, this is why they are balanced at having non str or wil scaling, because they already technically have a WIL scaling if used with MG.
"Kameron8" Wrote:
"Spoops" Wrote:Alternatively, we can make sure that all standard melee weapons from here on out just scale STR, and perhaps touch upon the outliers in the future such as daggers, mortissimo, Bamboo-bo and yatta yatta.

Strength and Will being involved in every weapon's scaling, with the sole exception of some guns, is my preferred solution as well.

Thirded, I think some outliers are acceptable but they probably shouldn't have the same potential for damage as STR/WIL scaling weapons.