Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff of eyes
The SoE is a light weapon, yet unlike other light-based weapons, it scales off no faith despite also being dropped by light-using enemies.
Currently it scales off 60% STR only as if it is a melee-only weapon, and it's a classified as a staff; Priests have a difficult time building around a weapon using God Rod that can't scale off the main stat of a Priest, Faith.

75% FAI, 25% STR would be a nicer scaling for the weapon, and would just make more sense.

Since the wo-dao/staff of eyes era is far long gone, and since said builds using that set-up mostly use it for the +24 hit and +12% damage for the main hand weapon, I don't think it would be that damaging to them either.

Thoughts?
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I don't think it should just be a better Monk Priest's Staff.

I could definitely see it being something like 50% STR + 40% FAI, though.
Nah, not necessary. The low scaling is there to balance it.

The weapon itself has already an OP effect, which is Analyze Weakness, that can still be combo'd with Rampaging for maximum stripping.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
unfortunately due to the staff of eyes' effect I have to agree that it kinda needs a low scaling.

But here's a proposition, maybe this wouldn't need to be true if staff of eyes gave a light weakness, instead of analyze weakness, so that it works with itself and other light themed builds, and not katanas/bows/axes
Add about 15~20% FAI scaling to Staff of Eyes and it'll be good to go.

Making it Monk Staff 2.0 is not a good idea.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye