Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get up with the sickness (PR-Hi potions)
I kinda like Grandpas idea to be honest. Lowering the effectiveness with each use per fight. Else 7-8 turns(Maybe an alchemy talent that slightly lowers the sickness by 1-2 turns? If base duration is 8 I mean.) sounds fine I guess?
Once per battle seems like an easy way to circumnavigate this. In reality, all heavy healing spells need some sort of diminishing returns for being spammed or per-battle limits -- PR's are far from the only perpetrator, just the most accessible one. Healing in general should probably be addressed by the next few patches, as any group that has several tanky healers will (almost) always wipe the floor with anyone who doesn't. Additionally, very few PvE encounters pose a threat when healing is as easy as it is now. I certainly know Seto could never come close to dealing more damage than Graft alone can patch up.
Most of any Heal's problems come from the fact that they scale from Faith/Weapon Damage and stays on pair with Damage itself, rather from how hurt the enemy is, and some other skills have cooldowns attached to it, while others don't (like Graft).

Now if only Healing had it's effectiveness based on how hurt the enemy is (but starting from 50% HP to 0%, instead of 100% to 0%), such as how Enma's Summons/Madchop works, preferably with a poor scaling like Hexer's magic skill's damage worth (Medium Elemental ATK, low Scaled Weapon Attack).

But yeah, back on topic, maybe PR-Hi Potion being usable only once per battle could fix the problem, but I wonder if we're casting aside the PR-Regenerative and PR-Stabilizer from this. Are we? They're not that strong compared to a 55-65% maximum HP heal every 3 rounds.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Agreed with Grandpa with the effectiveness idea. But that may be work to implement when compared to a simple extending of the potion sickness which I approve as well.
[Image: tenor.gif]
What if potions were changed to be a heal over time effect?