Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profile Music Bug
Hello hello,

I'm well aware that there have been one or more posts regarding this but I figured I would share my experience with it as well. After reading one other post regarding the matter, the only response which was shared was in regards to YouTube's monetization, copyright, and country restrictions. With this said, however, none of those apply to me in particular.

My profile music and everyone else's was working perfectly fine beforehand. All of the sudden, as I logged on today, any and all music that is linked through someone's profile is quiet. In-game music and sounds work fine, Marching Band works fine, and yes I have made sure that my profile music option is toggled on. I have uninstalled and re-installed BYOND, updated it, cleared all of my cache history regarding BYOND, cleared said cache history for my internet browser altogether, and have basically tried every means of fixing this issue with very little success. I'm also being told that no one can hear my profile music either, which isn't very great to hear.

As I've said, I'm not the only one who seems to be experiencing this issue. A friend of mine has openly told me that they've been dealing with this for months on end. If this matter could be investigated it would be greatly appreciated, whether or not a problem or solution is found. Along with this, any potential solutions and fixes would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and whatnot, here's hoping for a solution to this problem.

Regards,
Selfish Gene
Discord: Selfish Gene#0139
[Image: lClrhgZ.png]
Can confirm that the games profile music has been especially buggy for me as well. It's fairly hit or miss ( mostly miss ) whether or not I can hear profile themes at all. Even my own.

I'm unsure of what this is related to, so I'm unable to accurately recreate the circumstances.
"Sebastien" Wrote:Can confirm that the games profile music has been especially buggy for me as well. It's fairly hit or miss ( mostly miss ) whether or not I can hear profile themes at all. Even my own.

I'm unsure of what this is related to, so I'm unable to accurately recreate the circumstances.

Thank you very much for chipping in, greatly appreciated. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing very similar problems.
Said 'friend' being me, I've been having this issue since when I started playing (October, 2016). I tried the same things as the OP said before, even to an extend of resetting my PC, but nothing worked. Haven't posted a thread about it because of the problems related to Youtube's monetization, even though it doesn't apply to me at all.

Hope this gets fixed, though.
"Lonestar" Wrote:Said 'friend' being me, I've been having this issue since when I started playing (October, 2016). I tried the same things as the OP said before, even to an extend of resetting my PC, but nothing worked. Haven't posted a thread about it because of the problems related to Youtube's monetization, even though it doesn't apply to me at all.

Hope this gets fixed, though.

Aye, thank you very much for taking the time to reply to this as well.
It just started happening to me last night, No idea why though.
"Oni Princess" Wrote:It just started happening to me last night, No idea why though.

Neither do I, it's quite frustrating in all honesty. I've always liked hearing the profile music and just associating it with the character. I suppose what baffles me most is how sudden it is. Thank you for supporting this nonetheless, here's hoping we find a fix soon.
You don't have internet explorer muted do you? What about your YouTube volume?
A lot of videos just won't work because they can't be embedded everywhere.

[Image: mcP4X7U.png]
"Neus" Wrote:You don't have internet explorer muted do you? What about your YouTube volume?

I don't have either muted, no. It's just strange because it seems to be suddenly acting up with many people.

"Soapy" Wrote:A lot of videos just won't work because they can't be embedded everywhere.

[Image: mcP4X7U.png]

Yes, I'm aware of that as well, but this is happening for quite literally every profile. I've also tried using countless different songs and nothing makes a difference, sadly. Not only this but songs I've used in the past which have worked suddenly don't and whatnot.