Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has your confidence really dropped? [Monk skill]
"GSM" Wrote:10) Finally, can attacks like Vegito's/Salza's/Goku Black's/Zamasu's ki blades be replicated?
"Neus" Wrote:10) There was going to be a new skill similar to Vegito's Spirit Sword when I updated Monk a while back, but I never did add it. That is to say that I would say, yes, it wouldn't be a huge stretch in my mind.

Above is from the April lore questions.

Why not add this skill in? We have a severe issue of Setting Sun/Dense Thunder/Sky Chariot spam and favoritism, so why not give Monk this cool new attack?

Besides, this could be considered a Ki-consuming Spell (or a regular skill, I don't mind) that does magical Slash damage based on SWA, and magical Light damage based on elemental attack?

[strike]Besides, Kadouha sucks if you aren't a Faith build, which no self-respecting Monk would ever be.[/strike]
[Image: unknown.png]
It doesn't sound like it'd fit very well into Monk's kit, why not just RP it with a regular sword?
Honestly, I could see this replacing Kadouha. I'm for it.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Between this and Kadouha, I highly prefer this. It would give another skill some love other than Setting Sun/Dense Thunder rather than 'RPing it with a sword'.
I can bet people would use the Terra Strike/Dragon Gale more often if they were, instead of dragons, just a recolored Kadouha to match the elemental damage type.

Throwing dragons at people makes no sense.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yes. Yes yes yes, all of my yes-

Please make this a thing!
[Image: Fern22.gif]
Shower thoughts of how this Spirit Sword ability could work (based on the Xenoverse series of games):

A foreboding and excessively dramatic attack, used primarily as a finisher. You produce a shimmering light of Ki, emanating from your fingers, almost blade-like in composition. After you've stricken your enemy with fear- and the tip of the sword- you strike them with the sharp blade of Ki, as well as anything else unwise enough to stay away.
3M. Fist skill or Fist spell (a la Asura Fist). Single hostile target, 3 base range. 5 ranks. FP cost could be slightly more or less than Setting Sun, I'd imagine. Cooldown is optional, but would be one turn, if anything.
Maxed rank scaling: 110% Light attack, 100% Scaled Weapon attack.
Gains 1 range per 3 Ki, and can consume up to 15 Ki upon first use (with the maximum range thus being 8). Each Ki point consumed grants +20% damage to the attack.
On first use, the chosen target is stricken with the blade, Immobilizing the user and the target. (The Immobilize on the target is automatically removed if the user does not use this skill/spell again after their next turn.) This does magical Piercing damage equal to your Scaled Weapon Attack, and magical Light damage equal to your Light attack, both damage types ignoring armor. Until this skill/spell is used again, it will consume 3 ki per range beyond 3 per turn.
On second use, the user removes the sword, and slashes in a circle equal to the range of the first use's range. This deals magical Slashing damage (equal to half the damage dealt with the Light damage and Piercing damage from the first attack combined) to all enemies within range. Upon second use, the user's and original target's Immobilize are removed (if they are not removed already).

Thoughts?
Would be better if you could also chain in some resources to be used, as well as sound effects.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Why replace Kadouha? I don't get it, I use Kadouha on one of my characters and all it needs is just a buff to not consume all your Ki or be worth consuming all your Ki, such as gaining 1% damage per 1 ki spent, thats all I think.
"Snake" Wrote:Would be better if you could also chain in some resources to be used, as well as sound effects.

Could you please provide me with a .zip of all of the combat sound effects and resources, then? I'm afraid I've never done something like this. If I need to make my own, then I guess I'm diving into this blind- I play muted.

Also- Kadouha is pretty worthless to any Monk that doesn't use Faith, and considering it can be overshot despite its damage output being pretty high is utterly ridiculous. The burst does minimal amounts of damage, and there were several instances in PvP where a Setting Sun would hit for about a hundred damage, but Kadouha at max would do about a quarter of that, if lucky.