Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leveling out VIT
I think STR has been needing some kind of addition for a long time, considering people become grossed out by the idea of investing points into it a bit too often. Not to say that the world hates STR, but a fair amount of players avoid it for the sake of efficiency (with minimal drawbacks as it was previously mentioned).

I am honestly fine with the proposition of changing VIT to 7 HP per point, and STR granting 3 HP with each click. To me, it doesn't sound like it would cause too negative impact, considering people easily obtain HP from the STR you get via Aptitude. Assuming this change goes through, of course.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
What Derg said, we can't afford Ghosts getting one billion HP on the minimal STR gain from Afflicted Spectre + Rising Game, right?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
10 str from rising game =30 hp....

30= billion...oh my the inflation
Exaggeration aside, now imagine that HP boost on a 1000-ish HP ghost with afflicted spectre.

That indirectly buffs Ether Invitation which is not what we want right now, in my honest opinion.

But this topic is about STR, let's not derail. I do agree with the whole 'not giving HP mid-battle'.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
honestly I'd rather see Vit brought down to 6 from 10, while str going up to 2.

Yes this would mean in a situation with 40 scaled str and vit, you'd be down by 80 total.

Someone going 60 scaled vit with little str investment ( lets call it 15 for math)

would go down from 600 bonus hp to 390 bonus hp.
Why not VIT get chomped to 6, but in exchange, STR grants a minor resistance increase for Physical-type damages? (Blunt/Pierce/Slash)

Just brainstorming.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Completely in agreement with the OP. Which is surprising for a Chaos thread.
With how strong most offensive options are combined with how defense and sustain has been getting chipped away at over the updates, the game is already headed towards becoming a gank-fest. I think that before any net gains to defenses are reduced, the high and low ends of possible damage dealt needs to be reduced.

I think that HP is fine as it is in the game's current state.
It seems very odd to give HP to STR, I thought we already agreed upon STR being normalized as the weapon scaling stat in another thread.

Anyways I'm indifferent, but giving HP to sources other than VIT is a very dangerous prospect by itself as long as ghosts exist, because you can stack STR to +20 no problems, you can't stack VIT very well without all stat buffs.

In short, because Ghost exists, I'm not keen on the idea at all, but we could see where it goes. :lol:
I think I've exhausted my brain's limit for investing a metric ton of information in a post. I remain true to the fact that I don't think it makes much sense for strength to receive a health bonus, much like Spoops said. With that said, I'm also in agreement with the realization that this may not be the best of ideas, seeing as how prevalent Ghost is in the current meta. Needless to say, I'll tolerate this change if it is implemented, but I do agree that vitality's HP rate should be lowered and am unsure if +HP is the minor buff that STR genuinely needs. I'm also not against Snake's idea of strength granting minor physical damage reductions, such as blunt/pierce/slash, seeing as sanctity provides elemental resistances but not physical ones. It's certainly something to keep in mind.

Aka I don't see the logic behind giving HP to strength, nor do I think that fueling up pyromancers and ghosts is a good idea. If it happens, it happens. Pierce/Slash/Blunt resistance might be neat instead. +1 to Snake's idea
Discord: Selfish Gene#0139
[Image: lClrhgZ.png]