Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion to the Community
As the title says, I'd like to suggest something to the community.

We spend most of our time in Cells or the Arena, None of the other towns get all that much attention, Here's where i'm going with this...
I'd like to see other players stay in other towns for a couple ingame hours.
Let's say you teleported to Lispool to clear that lvl 70 crazy bdp, After you finish you just teleport back to cells to go afk.

Here's where the suggestion part comes into play...
After we finish a BDP, We return to the nearest town and wait 1-2 IG hours to use the teleporter. Gives a bigger chance to bump into other players if they go there, It'll give other towns some more attention and give us as players more reason to stay, explore and interact with the world.
The way i see this, We are too physically or mentally exhausted to go through the mage guilds portal. I'm unsure if this makes sense with the lore, But hence why it's a suggestion.

I'd like to see new hang out hot spots, More people in other towns.
Oniga, The resturaunt, eating food after a long expedition.
Lispool, The church, see more priests at the church.
Dormeho, Near the fishing area, spending their time with a non lethal activity.
If we can make these new hot spots a thing, Don't the rest of you think we can make the world seem more lively by our selves?
This could be better solved if the Mage's Guild had some sort of cooldown. Idk. Either a cooldown or crippling prices like I've suggested before in one of my long lost posts.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd agree with either of those options.
As it is now, we only pay 10 murai to be thrown a continent away. You would think that doing something like that would take more effort and focus. A price of say 100 per trip would make more sense, and maybe even varrying prices depending on where you are and your target location. Also, Multiplied by how many people are in your party, So you feel like you're paying for them. Even if their magic is cost effeciant, Doesn't mean they need to make their prices dirt cheap or be charitable and practically do it for near free.

As for the cooldown, I would agree with that one as well. Make them not be open during the night hours so icly it'd make it feel like they goto bed instead of the same npc being awake 24/7. While we're on this actually, Make it so npcs vanish from the world for like 8+ hours during the night.
Let's not make the game any more unfriendly to new players. Teleportation should remain cheap, and arbitrary inconveniences aren't fun.
Not really unfriendly, Every game has their hurdles. As players level up, gain access to tougher stuff the game gets easier. By the time you get to lvl 60 you're making like 2k+ a dungeon. They'd just have to go through some grinding like everyone else. Besides, It's not like 100 murai is alot. But if it's really such an issue, Then perhaps no cost increase and purely an ascetic of a cooldown of teleportation. It'd keep it newbie friendly and give the world a bit more immersion.
So make it scale per character level. No biggie.

What SL2 lacks terribly is late-game goals. Why did you train so much your char and grind to 60? One reason aside PvP?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
You can find people not in Cellsvich or the Arena by not standing in Cellsvich or the Arena.

I haven't had any problems finding RP away from there, but it tends to be the same few players/characters.

You don't find very many people in Bumfuck, Egwyn since you leave because nobody is there, which means when other people walk by they'll leave because nobody is there.

The vast majority of people don't go to Cellsvich for any reason other than people already being there.

Even the Arena, which is basically a one-of-a-kind area in the game because of sparring, is still completely empty sometimes because of the simple fact that nobody is there yet... Even though most people that do go there do it to stand around doing nothing.
You're not exactly helping your side of things as that is exactly why the world hardly grows. If we were more compliant to actually camp and afk in other spots to chat anywhere aside from Cells or the Arena... Guess what, Dev might say oh hey this new part of the world i just made will get some attention and won't be -Bumfuck- Dead after the first week of it's release. If we had other groups aside from meme central fountain in cells and Planet vegeta's arena, Dev might think we actually care about the world he creates and make the map more often. Like come on, It's not hard to see. You care about two spots of the entire universe he made, Why should he give you a new map or new content when you're not going to care after a week?
I'm not sure what makes you think the game forcing people to stay places they don't want to be is a better way to make people roleplay there than being in Lispool if you want to RP in Lispool.

The Arena, Law's End, and Voilegard are the only really 'unique' places to roleplay at in the game right now.

There is nothing special about Cellsvich and yet it remains a popular spot for reasons I already mentioned.
Pretty much what Soapy said, forcing people to stay in certain places will do nothing but keep people from leaving Cellsvich and the Arena.